There is nothing that epitomises rich, decadent luxury quite like chocolate. It’s why they make the perfect gift for most — from something literally sweet to a party host to a trinket during Secret Santa gifting sessions.
This season, though, you can do more than just eat your chocolate: you can wear it too?!
Nope, we’re not messing with you! This holiday season, there have been two new beauty launches (so far!) that smell exactly like everyone’s favourite sweet treat, and we’re loving it. We’re talking about the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Les Chocolats lipstick collection and Shu Uemura x La Maison du Chocolat collection.
These two already look super gorgeous, and imagine our surprise when we took a whiff of it and realise that they smell exactly like chocolates! Read on for the low-down.
1. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Les Chocolats Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick
Picture a range of luxe, warm-toned lip shades that smells amazingly like divine chocolate and you’ll pretty much get the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Les Chocolats Pro-Matte Liquid Lipsticks.
This limited edition collection has nine shades in total, ranging from pinkish nudes to deep browns that will serve as a great addition to your lipstick collection. These ultra pigmented formulas are also super long-lasting, so you don’t have to worry about it wearing off on you throughout multiple holiday parties. Oh, and don’t worry about it getting too drying either — the hydrating formula ensures that it stays comfortable on lips for hours on end. Nice!
The L’Oreal Paris Infallible Les Chocolats Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick is available at selected Guardian and Watsons outlets, as well as at major supermarkets and departmental stores. You can also purchase them from Welcia, Qoo10, Shopee, and Lazada. It retails at SGD21.90 each.
2. Shu Uemura x La Maison du Chocolat
Uh, we don’t know about you guys, but this irresistible collection from Shu Uemura with La Maison du Chocolat has us drooling at first sight. Gorgeous packaging aside, these bad boys also all come with a rich chocolate fragrance that is sure to garner compliments (and curious questions!) all around.
So, what can you get from the collection? Well, they have a wide selection that is sure to please all you beauty junkies out there. These are our favourites:
- Shu Uemura Rogue Unlimited (SGD38): They also have a Supreme Matte variation, for people who enjoy a more budge-proof formula. There are 10 shades total, all in beautiful shades of pinks and reds that smell like chocolate, of course. They also come in cute names such as Ripe Cherry and Caramel Toffee, for that added fun factor!
- Shu Uemura Ganache & Praline Eye Palette (SGD98): Your lids are going to look delectable with this offering from Shu Uemura. There are two variations to pick from as well: Dark Cacao or Framboise Berry, which contains more pink tones than the former. A must-have for the holiday season!
- Shu Uemura Creamy Dome Blusher (SGD40): These adorable blushers look exactly like macarons! They also have great colour payoff and fits in just about any tiny purse out there.
- Shu Uemura Chocolate Topped Premium Curler (SGD30): The classic Shu Uemura Curler now comes with an adorable twist! Trust us, he dangling chocolate chain is sure to put you in a festive mood whenever you reach for it.
The Shu Uemura La Maison du Chocolat is available at all Shu Uemura boutiques as well as its beauty counters in major departmental stores such as Tangs and Robinsons.
Can’t get enough of chocolates, here are more options if you want a beauty product that smells like your favourite sweet treat.
3. Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant
An oldie but a goodie when it comes to chocolate scented products is definitely Fresh’s Cocoa Body Exfoliant. A skin-softening exfoliating product that comprises of crushed cocoa and cocoa butter (yes, that’s a double dose of chocolatey goodness), the Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant gently buffs away dead skin cells, impurities, and the like all whilst leaving your skin smelling oh-so-delicious.
Make sure to use it 2-3 times a week only for maximum effectiveness!
The Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant is available at all Fresh boutiques as well as at selected Sephora outlets. It retails at SGD65.
4. Too Faced Chocolate Gold Metallic/Matte Eyeshadow Palette
You get the best of, well, most worlds with this Too Faced Chocolate Gold Metallic/Matte Eyeshadow Palette. Filled with a great range of shades in both matte and metallic finishes, they are also infused with real gold and cocoa powder that gives it the characteristic chocolatey scent we all know and love. Yum!
Make sure to snap this up before everyone else swoops it up for their Christmas wish list.
The Too Faced Chocolate Gold Metallic/Matte Eyeshadow Palette is available at all Sephora outlets and retails at SGD76.
5. Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
The winning combination of Rhassoul mud and cocoa powder within the Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask works to draw all dirt and impurities to the surface, cleansing your skin deeply and leaving but smooth, baby-soft skin behind.
Smooth a generous coat of it on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes so it can work its magic. We recommend popping it in the fridge to get an extra soothing kick as you slather it on, but be sure not to mistake it for chocolate mousse if you do!
The Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask is available at all Lush boutiques. It retails at SGD31.