We have given you the complete A-Z guide to skin brightening 101, and the rules you should follow if you want brighter skin. Now, what’s the last thing we should equip you with so you are all ready to put your best face forward? Yes, you probably got it right – the newest products in the market with the most advanced technology in skin brightening, of course!
- 1. Astalift White Perfect UV Clear Solution
- 2. Nivea Extra White Serum Deodorant Roll-on
- 3. L'Occitane Reine Blanche Illuminating Eye Care & Mask
- 4. Lancome UV Expert CC Cover
- 5. Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening Serum
- 6. Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence_EX
- 7. The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Serum
- 8. Eucerin White Therapy Night Cream
- 9. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Defense Barrier-Boosting Essence Oil
- 10. Fresh Sugar Sport Treatment Sunscreen SPF 30
- 11. Vichy Ideal White Sleeping Mask
- 12. SK-II GenOptics Aura Essence
- 13. Yves Rocher White Botanical Moisturising Lightening Cream
- 14. Mt. Sapola Xetract Range- Arbutin Extract
- 15. ORBIS U White Day Moisturiser
- 16. Guerlain Blanc de Perle Active Reviving Cleansing Foam
1. Astalift White Perfect UV Clear Solution
This is the newest by the brand and is a multi-functional beauty essence and makeup base, providing UV protection on top of skincare benefits. What’s most interesting about the product is the UV Sensor Cap that changes colour when exposed to Deep UVA, so you should bring it around as a “test” if you want to be sure whether you’re exposed to invisible UV rays. As it is also a makeup base, it is sweat- and sebum-proof and help your makeup remain intact. The Astalift White Perfect UV Clear Solution retails at SGD72, and is available at Astalift boutiques at Wisma Atria and JEM.
2. Nivea Extra White Serum Deodorant Roll-on
If dull-looking underarms is a concern, then the Nivea Extra White Serum Deodorant Roll-on (SGD5.90) may just be what you’re looking for. This deodorant offers the skincare benefit of a serum, thanks to the high amount of vitamin C in the formula. Its water-like texture also allows it to absorb quickly and perk you up immediately.
3. L’Occitane Reine Blanche Illuminating Eye Care & Mask
L’Occitane’s Reine Blanche range is known for its formulation with Reine des Prés, a unique flower that grows whiter over time. This year, one of the new products to join the family is an illuminating eye care and mask, which combines Reine des Prés and caffeine to help ease the appearance of puffiness and dark eye circles. You’ll love the massaging applicator that comes as a rounded metal tip, as well as the lightweight gel texture of the product. This eye gel retails at SGD65. Launched together with it in March is a new Reine Blanche Whitening Sleeping Mask (SGD112).
4. Lancome UV Expert CC Cover
Any idea what causes pigmentation on the skin? You probably already know about UV rays and pollution, another less talked-about factor is blue light, which is emitted from electronic devices like your laptop and mobile phone. The new Lancome UV Expert CC Cover is equipped to shield your skin from all these pigment-causing factors. It also comes in four shades suitable for Asian skin tones, so you can definitely wear it on its own, or under your favourite foundation. This retails at SGD75.
5. Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening Serum
Skin discolouration and dullness may not always be due solely to an overproduction of melanin. Loss of skin’s firmness can also cast a dull shadow over the skin, causing it to look less bright than it should. This is why the upgraded Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening Serum (SGD268) helps skin by enhancing its firmness and brightness at the same time. The product is fortified with White ginseng, which has been studied by Sulwhasoo for decades as a powerful brightening agent.
6. Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence_EX
Laneige fans are definitely familiar with its White Plus Renew Original Essence_EX, a product that helps reduce the formation of dark spots. After taking into account the feedback of users, the Korean brand launches a new and improved formula for this serum, which is now even more suitable for those with sensitive skin. The new formula is more powerful because it is able to better encourage the self-degradation of melanin, brighten skin, and penetrate skin deeper. This retails at SGD80.
7. The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Serum
Moisturising and refreshing, this new brightening serum from The Body Shop targets at five key dimensions of bright skin: healthy brightness, even skin tone, minimised appearance of pores, translucency, and smooth suppleness. Featuring Red Algae, an ingredient rich in minerals, nutrients and vitamin C in its formula, this is designed for radiant skin that doesn’t look “pale” but healthy. The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Serum retails at SGD43.90.
8. Eucerin White Therapy Night Cream
Your skin rejuvenates itself while you sleep, and a good night cream can help your skin step up in this process. Try this night cream from Eucerin, which contains B-Resorcinol that can help decrease melanin production and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation. It also contains Glycyrrhetinic Acid to help repair sun-induced skin damage. This intensive moisturiser retails at SGD48.90.
9. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Defense Barrier-Boosting Essence Oil
Sun care isn’t just about shielding the skin from UV rays. According to Dr. Andrew Weil who has created a successful skincare range for Origins, it is also about defending skin from pollution. The new Mega-Defense Barrier-Boosting is one of two new products that’s launched that has a three-tier system that protects skin from pollution, defend it from UVA and UVB rays, as well as strengthen skin from environmental assaults. This essence oil (SGD89) is launched together with a sunscreen, the Mega-Defense SPF 45 Advanced Daily UV Defender (SGD70).
10. Fresh Sugar Sport Treatment Sunscreen SPF 30
11. Vichy Ideal White Sleeping Mask
12. SK-II GenOptics Aura Essence
13. Yves Rocher White Botanical Moisturising Lightening Cream
14. Mt. Sapola Xetract Range- Arbutin Extract
A brightening extract from this line would be the Arbutin extract. It helps prevents spots and freckles and aids in lightening the skin. It retails at SGD23.90 and you can get them from any Mt Sapola store.