Bad hair day or not, the ability to pull off a great hairstyle with braids can make a huge difference to how polished you look that day. Be a braid master and you can wear a different ‘do every day. We have all the tutorials and guides that you need to become a guru in 20 minutes:
1. These are the different types of braiding styles
2. Learn how to do the three-strand braid
This is probably the easiest of all the braids and just learning this alone will allow you to explore many different types of style.
3. Step up and try this fringe braid
This is especially great for when you want to keep the fringe out of the way.
4. Refine the half-up-half-down look
5. Add a ribbon to the braid
6. Triple the three-stand braid
7. Or try a five-strand braid
8. This is how you do the french braid
French braiding is another basic style that you can learn quickly.
9. French braid your fringe
Unlike tutorial #3, french braiding can be done even on short fringe. This is especially useful when your fringe is at an awkward length while you’re trying to grow it out.
10. Try a side braid
11. Add a bun to the fringe braid
While a fringe braid looks great for the beach, put your hair into a bun and the look is now great for a more formal setting.
12. Try a braided ponytail
Want to braid your hair for work? This is one work-appropriate style you can try.
13. Do a reverse french braid from bottom up
You can leave the rest of the hair as a high ponytail, or like this tutorial, put it into a cute bow.
14. Learn how to do the fishtail braid
Once you’ve learnt how to do the three-strand and french braid, it’s time to find out how to do the fishtail braid.
15. Improvise the style to get different looks
16. This style doesn’t even require any hair products to achieve volume
17. Put it into a bun for an elegant look
Which of these looks is your favourite?