BLACKPINK’s Lisa may have a crazy schedule but is always spotted with a glowing complexion. Just as curious as how Lisa’s bangs that never go out of place, her perpetual radiance is another enigma we want to crack.
To get in on the secret, Daily Vanity spoke to Regan, Senior Manager, Makeup Artistry at M.A.C Cosmetics who ideated and directed Lisa’s recent campaign image for the M.A.C Lightful C+ collection launch.
Regan spilled that Lisa wore the following products in the above campaign image:
Products that Lisa used: (L-R) Lightful C Coral Grass Tinted Primer, Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation, Extra Dimension SKinfinish in Show Gold
- Lightful C Tinted Primer SPF 45 PA ++++: This helps to prep the skin before makeup with skin clarifying ingredients like Vitamin C, Coral Grass, Gentian Root and Japanese Seaweed while adding a rosy glow and high SPF of 45.
- Lightful C Naturally Flawless Foundation in N18: It includes the same ingredients as the primer, blended into a beautiful, radiant foundation that adds light and medium, buildable coverage to the skin.
- Lightful Powder Foundation: The powder foundation is perfect to set makeup but also great on-the-go with it’s benefits of being translucent, natural-matte and blurring in texture.
- Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Show Gold: It propels the radiance of Lightful C by adding a touch of gleam with highlighting, prismatic pearls perfect for cheekbones!
- Glow Play Blush in Grandadds: This is a delicate shade of peach to the cheeks with a satin, cream finish.
- Powder Kiss Eyeshadow in Strike a Pose: It gently tints the eyelids with a hint of peachy-pink adding that healthy, fresh look to the eyes.
- Liquidlast 24-hour Waterproof Liner Coco Bar: This product creates the perfect, longwearing definition for eyes in the style of Lisa’s signature eyeliner!
- Lustre Lipstick See Sheer: This has a lightweight formula the glides easily with sheer-to-medium buildable coverage and a lustrous finish. This grapefruit pink shade is essential to balance and finish the look.
Now that we know the products that make the look, we’re curious if it is even possible for us to pull it off by ourselves at home.
Regan assures us that it is.
“These products are very user-friendly! I recommend applying them in the order listed above and keep the application lightweight and fresh, just how Lisa’s skincare and makeup was applied.”
He went on to share even more tips that can help us re-create the Lisa-glow:
- The tool matters! To apply the primer and foundation use, Brush #170S to sweep products over the skin and gently pat-in with the brush where you need more coverage.
- Set the T-zone and U-zone with Lightful Powder Foundation by swirling over the areas with Brush #135S. Follow up with sweeping Show Gold Extra Dimension Skinfinish highlighter over the top of the cheekbones, nose and chin for that touch of gleam!
- Use the right technique! Tap and swirl Glow Play Blush in Grand on the apple of the cheeks to add instant vitality to the skin!
- Then, pop a soft, misty application of Powder Kiss Strike A Pose Eyeshadow on the eyelids with Brush #217S and define the lashes with the Liquidlast Liner. Here’s an important tip: tilt your chin up in the mirror and slowly draw a thin line across the top of the lashes and allow a minute to set.
- Finally, finish with your favorite M∙A∙C mascara for defined lashes and a few swipes of See Sheer Lipstick for that sweet grapefruit lip tint that’s ready for selfie-mode!
But it’s not merely about makeup. Regan emphasises that it is “great makeup and foundation prep” that help you achieve a flawless makeup look.
“I personally use the Lightful Primer, Foundation and Powder every day for a flawless look and at the same time I’m getting skincare benefits!”
He shared that he had issues with blemishes, sun damage and scars in the past and using the Lightful products every day helps him refine my skin texture, fade the uneven spots and reveal a more clarified skin
“I’m obsessed!” he declared.
He also shares this insider’s tip: use the Lightful C Coral Grass Softening Lotion before the primer to instantly plump skin before the primer.
M.A.C. Lightful C+ products and Extra Dimension Skinfinish are now available at all M.A.C boutiques (ION Orchard, Takashimaya S.C., Bugis Junction, and NEX), select department stores, Sephora, and Lazada. The Extra Dimension Skinfinish retails for S$62 and the Lightful C+ products are priced between S$64 and S$71.