Many of us probably already line our eyes with kohl liner on both the top and bottom lash line especially when we are heading out to a glamorous event.
And many of us are also aware of the old trick of dabbing a touch of white or silver on the inner corners of the eyes to perk them up.
Now, the look we saw on the runway models at the Jill Stuart Spring/Summer 2014 show proves that the two methods, when combined together, can create a rather powerful look.
The makeup artists for this look also used Bobbi Brown’s lip gloss in Crystal (a clear coloured gel lip product), on the lids of the models to deliver the fresh and luscious look.
They have also only applied just a touch of balm on their lips so that the bold eye makeup can truly take centre stage.
Tips To Carry Off This Look
The good news is that this look is very wearable, and most people will look good with it. But here are tips to make sure you get it right:
- Bail out on the use of lip gloss on eyelids unlike what the makeup artists did. The glossy eyelid look probably only works for runway and photos, but not really in real life.
- If you’re intending to try this as a day look, you can. Go with taupe eyeshadow, and a really thin line for your black eyeliner. Go easy with your white eyeshadow too.
- For evening, consider swapping up the white eyeshadow with a silver one. The glittery shade is going to add the glam factor into the look.
- To make sure it’s not an overkill, go with a nude lip colour or no lip colour. Make sure your skin is well-moisturised and you’re wearing minimal foundation.
- Groom your brows and fill them in neatly too. To pull off a strong eye look like this, you need great brows to frame them well.