We’ve been big fans of Malaysian-born actress Michelle Yeoh ever since we first saw her performing her own stunts in Yes, Madam and Police Story 3: Supercop back in the early 90s.
Of course, when Everything Everywhere All at Once came out in theatres, we simply had to catch her in action once again. We were absolutely transfixed by her throughout the film. She was not only fierce and powerful as usual, but she’s still as stunning as we remember her!
It totally shocked us when we realised that Michelle is turning 60 this year – talk about ageing gracefully, because she sure doesn’t look her age to us.
Naturally, we were curious as to how this action superstar is able to maintain such a youthful glow. So, we decided to compile all her beauty secrets in hopes that we, too, can look as good as she does.
- She exercises diligently every day
- She is known to ‘eat like a bird’
- She finishes her warm showers with a splash of cold water
- She always protects her skin from the sun
- She uses sheet masks or eye patches every day
- She sticks to an intensive K-beauty-like routine
- Her makeup artist emphasises her natural beauty
She exercises diligently every day
Michelle has an intensive exercise routine that she follows daily. It’s normal for her to do two hours of cardio every day to maintain her physique.
She loves shadowboxing and does yoga often. You might be able to spot her exercising outdoors, as she enjoys being surrounded by nature.
She is known to ‘eat like a bird’
The martial arts star is a slow eater as she loves to savour her meals, and generally eats many small meals a day rather than one big meal.
Some of her favourites include red wine and frozen yoghurt. However, she cuts out sugar from her diet as her family has a history of diabetes.
Although she focuses on eating fruits and vegetables, she does let herself have the occasional cheesecake or double chocolate whammy.
She finishes her warm showers with a splash of cold water
Michelle begins her days with a warm shower but loves to turn the temperature down to ice-cold at the very end.
While the shocking cold temperature is something to get used to, she really enjoys doing it as she feels that it is quite refreshing.
She always protects her skin from the sun
The actress actually used to suntan back in the ’80s when it was trendy to do so. It was then that she noticed that it really aged her skin, so she stopped.
Nowadays, Michelle never goes out without slathering on sunscreen, which she credits her grandmother for.
She uses sheet masks or eye patches every day
Michelle never needs others to supply her with sheet masks or eye patches, as she’s always got them on hand to quickly replenish her skin’s hydration levels.
Her sheet mask habit really comes in handy for all those long flights she has to take. The international star is often flying from places like New York to L.A. and Canada to Bali.
She sticks to an intensive K-beauty-like routine
It’s no surprise to us that Michelle has a standard K-beauty skincare routine, which usually involves several skincare steps with some routines going up to 10 steps.
But you might have some trouble if you want to replicate Michelle’s routine because it includes several skincare items that come with a hefty price tag:
- Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment (S$162, 150ml) – Formulated using a fermented complex of rice, algae, and green tea, this essence boosts the effects of skincare and hydrates for primed and plump skin.
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (S$405, 50ml) – Augustinus Bader is a brand that is popular among celebrities and has many glowing reviews to prove its effectiveness.
- Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Mask (S$566, 75ml) – An intensive replenishing skincare item, it is formulated to treat skin that has been damaged by emotional and environmental stress.
Her makeup artist emphasises her natural beauty
“I didn’t really want to make a makeup statement, I just wanted her to look beautiful.” – Sabrina Bedrani, Michelle’s makeup artist.
Sabrina revealed that she always starts with skin prep for clients who are a little more mature, by cleaning the skin and applying skincare for a healthy radiance.
Then she applies foundation, followed by eyeliner. She uses a natural brown shade of eyeshadow for Michelle, by putting a little on the crease of her eye and the bottom of her lash line. She then finishes with a lash primer and mascara.