While we may always be ogling at Kim K’s contoured makeup or Rihanna’s bold look, we know that the Singapore’s climate and our Asian features may not always help us pull off their tricks.
Want more relevant role models? Perhaps local celebrities will be better options! Here are inspirations to pick up from celebrities in Singapore to get our hair, makeup, and skincare back in order.
1. Zoe Tay
Nominated Best Actress in the 2018 Star Awards, Zoe Tay has been a long-running iconic face in the Singapore entertainment scene. Looking forward to a beach getaway at the end of the year? Here are some tips to achieve the natural makeup look a la the Queen.
- Keep your makeup base dewy with a moisturising primer. Use cushion foundations with light to medium buildable coverage to get a clean finish without looking too cakey for the day of fun-filled activities. Remember to set with loose powder to keep everything in place.
- Draw on natural eyebrows to frame your face nicely for those Instagram-worthy photos!
- Lather on a coral nude lipstick and a bit of clear lip balm or clear lipgloss for that healthy moisturised sheen.
DV Tip: Use long-lasting lip products like matte lipsticks paired with a lip liner of a slightly darker shade to have perfect lips all day under the hot sun!
- Primer: Etude House Face Blur, Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer
- Cushion foundations: Etude House Double Lasting Cushion Foundation, Pony Effect Coverstay Cushion Foundation
- Loose powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder
- Eyebrows: Innisfree Auto Eyebrow Pencil, Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
- Lips: Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Soft Coral, NYX Lip Lingerie Gloss in Clear
2. Belinda Lee
Despite her departure from the entertainment industry in 2016, Belinda Lee is still a popular female face with 80.4K followers on Instagram. Having events every night and still want to look glamorous and fresh each time? Try these hair tips if you want tresses that look like Belinda’s.
- Use a rounded brush and apply heat to achieve a curve on your fringe so it looks more voluminous.
- For those with thin and limp hair, use a dry shampoo to remove oil and grease and tease it for more volume. For thick hair with dry ends, use a hair oil preferably one with argan oil to moisturise and increase shine for healthier-looking hair.
- Dry shampoo: OUAI Dry Shampoo
- Hair oil: Lóreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti Frizz Serum
3. Kym Ng
Known for her vibrant personality and loud voice due to her hosting background, Kym Ng’s style is unique and eye-catching. In the Sheng Siong Show posing beside co-host Dasmond Koh, she showed off textured short cut bangs that framed her oval face shape. These bangs still show off those on-point brows yet gives your face definition.
It takes fire and courage like Kym’s to pull this off. So if you want a fresh hot look which screams your fierce intense personality, try this hairstyle as a refreshing change!
Known for her affable personality, Vivian Lai may be a veteran in the industry but still looks youthful through the years.
Going for the feminine daily makeup that Vivian is always sporting? Use light pink eyeshadows with a little hint of shimmer to give your eyes a pop of colour without going too overboard. Pair with a muted pink blush to give a soft flush to your cheeks and a tinted lip balm that enhances your natural lip colour. Go from plain to feminine in just seconds with these easy tips.
- Pink eyeshadow: Etude House Play Color Eyes in Cherry Blossom
- Blush: theBalm Cosmetics FratBoy Blush
- Lip Balm: Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy, Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Tulip
5. Rebecca Lim
Christmas is around the corner and how to look chic and elegant at the same time? Spice up your daily makeup look by changing up to a true red lip. Rebecca Lim here is sporting the Rouge Dior Ultra Rouge. Check out their shade range below!
6. Nurul Aini
Riding the Hallyu wave and want more? Try the new MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick which offers a variety of reds to browns available. Check out Nurul’s video down below to see her swatches! She looks stunning in every shade!
7. Fann Wong
Have dry and sensitive skin and want a good base of skin to begin your makeup for the day. Follow in Fann Wong’s footsteps and pamper your skin with The Body Shop’s Mediterranean Almond Milk with Oats Face Mask to achieve softer and fuller skin before beginning your makeup routine.
With all these tips, you’ll be sure to look bomb for the rest of the year end activities. Stay confident and keep experimenting to find what works best for you! Be your own beautiful.