Australian supermodel and business owner of organic skincare brand Kora Organics has been keeping herself busy. Between spending time with her husband (that’s Evan Spiegel, co-founder and CEO of Snap Inc), taking care of three children, keeping up with her fitness and skincare routines, she has also just launched two new KORA Organics products – one of which she calls the “creme de la creme of face creams”.
Daily Vanity caught up with the multi-hyphenate to learn more the new products, her thoughts on the clean beauty industry – and of course, tips and hacks we can use to replicate her supermodel glow.
Miranda Kerr’s take on “clean beauty”
While most will associate KORA Organics as a “clean beauty” brand, the clean beauty movement had only taken off in the last few years while KORA has been around for 12 years.
Miranda Kerr tells us that the brand started out as Certified Organic skincare and still is what it’s about.
“I wanted to use really powerful and results-driven skincare, and I couldn’t find it anywhere!” she muses, recalling the time when she created her brand.
“It’s great that there is a desire for more ‘clean’ products but at KORA we are so much more than ‘clean’, we’re Certified Organic.”
Pointing out that many people don’t know the difference between “clean” and Certified Organic products, Kerr says that there’s even a misconception that Certified Organic is not as powerful.
“Cambridge did a study saying that there are up to 60% more antioxidants in a Certified Organic ingredient than a non-certified organic ingredient,” she shares, “so at KORA we are taking it so much further by using Certified Organic ingredients, which have more antioxidants and produce more powerful results.”
While she agrees that clean beauty is a step in the right direction, she highlights that there’s a loophole in the industry.
“Unfortunately, what people don’t know is that ‘clean beauty’ is unregulated.”
“Products marketed as ‘clean’ can still contain harmful chemicals and fragrance. Each organisation, brand or retailer has their own definition of what is considered ‘clean’, which is very confusing and misleading for consumers when it comes to shopping clean products.”
Kerr says this is the reason why it’s important that KORA Organics’ products are verified by a third party to guarantee they are what they claim to be, and people “didn’t have to just take [the brand’s] word for it”.
“This sets KORA apart from the entire clean beauty movement. I feel really proud of where we are at and that we have been able to pave the way for so many people that are interested in clean beauty.”
KORA Organics launches two new products
KORA Organics recently announced the launch of two new products: Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil, the brand’s first cleansing oil, and Turmeric Glow Moisturizer that Miranda Kerr describes as the “creme de la creme of face creams”.
You can clearly tell that the 38-year-old entrepreneur is excited about them.
“Product development is my favourite part [of the business]. I love pushing the boundaries of organic skincare and finding new alternatives that deliver results. Our new Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil actually came about because our customers love our oils so much and were asking for an oil cleanser!”
Kerr shares passionately about the formula for her new cleanser.
“It contains Silver Ear Mushroom, which is also in our Sleeping Mask. It acts as a natural form of Hyaluronic Acid to help boost moisture retention and deeply hydrates. It also contains strong antioxidant properties to help improve appearance of ageing and stressed skin.”
Kerr emphasises that her new cleansing oil isn’t the same as what you see traditionally because it’s lightweight.
“It is so great if you are looking for an organic, ultra nourishing cleanser that effectively removes makeup, dirt and grime and does not leave any residue on your face,” she raves.
KORA Organics Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil retails for S$59 and is available at Sephora.sg.
As for the Turmeric Glow Moisturizer, she described it as a “super nourishing, brightening and anti-ageing moisturiser that’s used for morning and night”.
“I love how it makes my skin glow all day and night and looks beautiful underneath makeup. The packaging is so stunning but also sustainable,” she says.
The Turmeric Glow Moisturizer offers refillable pods that you can replenish when you finish the product, so there’s no need to buy the full product all over again, making it both a sustainable and pocket-friendly feature.
“I’m so excited for this product to be out as I have spent so much time perfecting it with our chemists and I’m so thrilled with the incredible results people are getting.”
KORA Organics Turmeric Glow Moisturizer retails for S$80 and is available at the KORA Organics website.
Miranda Kerr’s routine to glowing skin
Of course, while we had Miranda Kerr with us, we had to ask her for her secrets to that enviable glow.
Surprisingly, Miranda Kerr’s supermodel glow can be replicated in at most 15 minutes and the products used by this celebrity-businesswoman won’t break the bank.
“I spend time morning and night on my skincare routine, depending on how much time I have. It can be as little as seven minutes, or up to 15 minutes if I want to apply a mask or do a gua sha massage with the KORA Organics Noni Glow Face Oil.”
Kerr explains that she believes in the connection of mind, body, and skin.
“Our philosophy at KORA Organics is a 360 approach to skincare: Feed your MIND with positive affirmations and self-love; Feed your BODY with the nutrients it needs to function at its best and Feed your SKIN with products to help detoxify, nourish and revitalise.”
If you want to follow Miranda Kerr’s daily routine, this is how it looks like:
- Wake up at 5am
- Workout (“I have recently started the Tracy Anderson Method workout, which I am loving.”)
- Right before getting into the shower, dry body brush all over (“It’s so energising for the body and increases circulation and blood flow – I love it!”
- Miranda Kerr’s morning skincare routine:
- Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil (“I like to call it my Milky “Silky” Mushroom Cleanser because it has this silky texture that leaves your skin so soft and clean, not stripped at all.”)
- Gentle exfoliation with the Turmeric 2-in-1 Exfoliating Mask (S$68) in the shower (“It’s such an invigorating experience and truly wakes me up.”)
- After shower, apply the Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum (S$88) for pigmentation and firming
- Followed by the Turmeric Glow Moisturizer for hydration and brightening
- Optional: a small amount of Noni Glow Face Oil (S$87) and Noni Radiant Eye Oil (S$57) (“This is if I need a little boost!”)
- Finish with Rose Quartz Gua Sha (S$78) to boost blood circulation and encourage lymphatic drainage
- Children are up at 7am; they have breakfast together and she starts with 32 oz (~946.4ml) of cold pressed celery juice on an empty stomach, followed by 32 ounces of lemon water and a medical medium heavy metal detox smoothie
- Miranda Kerr’s night skincare routine:
Other tips from Miranda Kerr to achieve a natural glow:
- Drink at least 2 liters of filtered, alkaline water a day
- Positive affirmations and meditation as part of daily life
- Eat clean and plant-based meals (“I love Anthony William’s book, Cleanse To Heal.”)
- Noni Glow Skinfood supplement (S$89) (“This has multiple superfoods to help with energy levels, digestive function and to make your skin glow — it contains noni, blueberry, acai, pomegranate, matcha green tea, rosehips, chlorella and more.”)
As for makeup, Kerr says she can’t live without these products:
- KOSAS lip balm (~S$33.60)in Rush or Pulse
- KORA Organics Rose Quartz Luminizer (S$37) (“I apply it on the top of my brow and cheekbones, cupid’s bow and collar bone.”)
- RMS Beauty Un Cover-up Concealer (S$62) in 22 (“RMS is my go-to natural make-up, it was created by a makeup artist and friend of mine; I mix a few drops of Noni Glow Face Oil into the RMS pot and apply all over my face with a makeup brush, I would say that I’ve been using this product the longest.”)
View this post on Instagram
“A recent tip I’ve been incorporating lately is to put our Rose Quartz Luminizer mixed with a drop of Noni Glow Face Oil all over my face, so not on top of my makeup but underneath it, to add an extra glow,” she shares, when we pressed her for a hack she has been using.
What’s next for KORA Organics?
“My focus is on continuing to cement our position as the leader in the clean beauty industry and developing new innovative certified organic products,” Miranda Kerr says.
The brand is currently in 30 countries around the world and she has plans to continue expanding globally.
“Ultimately, my dream is for KORA Organics to become a household name and for people to be able to choose a healthier alternative both for themselves and for the environment. I want to continue to get KORA out there to people and educate them on the difference between clean beauty and certified organic beauty. I want to show them the science and the testing behind that. The more educated people are becoming, the more they realise that what they put on their skin soaks in.”
“We also have two more exciting product launches this year, so I am so excited for you all to see!”
We’ll keep our eyes peeled, Miranda!
Images from KORA Organics.