Hot and humid weather doesn’t bode well for dry, drizzy hair, which is probably why dry, unruly hair is one of the most common hair woes in this part of the world. Couple that with chemical treatments such as colouring and perming, and you’ll find yourself dealing with a head of tresses that’s just impossible to manage.
While the best way to care for dry and frizzy hair is to go for regular treatments that smoothen hair out, conditioners for dry hair can also do wonders on a daily basis. Use the right conditioner for dry hair and you’ll find that you can comb through stubborn tresses more easily and even find them look smoother and more “alive”.
If you’re looking for conditioners for dry hair, here are 25 best ones that you can try in 2021.
- 1. It's a 10 Haircare Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin
- 2. ATTITUDE's Super Leaves Moisture Rich Conditioner
- 3. Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner
- 4. DOVE Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner (Affordable!)
- 5. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Conditioner
- 6. L'Oréal Paris Elseve Extraordinary Oil Sublime Sleek Nourishing Conditioner
- 7. Suave Professionals Damage Repair Conditioner, Coconut Oil Infusion
- 8. Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner by Ouidad (For curls)
- 9. PUREOLOGY - Hydrate Condition (For coloured hair)
- 10. Hydrate & Defrizz + Kukui Oil Hair Conditioner by OGX
- 11. Living Proof No Frizz Conditioner
- 12. Shu Uemura Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Conditioner
- 13. Bumble and Bumble Full Potential Hair Preserving Conditioner
- 14. Drunk Elephant Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner
- 15. Repair + Renew Conditioner by Infusium
- 16. DevaCurl One Condition Decadence Conditioner
- 17. OGX Coconut Curls Conditioner (For curls)
- 18. Olaplex No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner
- 19. Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe + Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Conditioner (For sensitive scalp)
- 20. RE: UNITE Conditioner by UNITE HAIR
- 21. Davines OI Conditioner
- 22. Moroccanoil Curl Enhancing Conditioner (For curls)
- 23. Terax Original Crema Moisturizing Daily Conditioner
- 24. Pantene Micellar Gentle Moisturizing Conditioner (Affordable!)
- 25. Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Conditioner
1. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin
Reverse the years of hair damage with a generous amount of this 10-minute conditioning treatment. Let it absorb deeply into the strands with its rejuvenating sweet almond and keratin extract leaving your hair feeling healthier and nourished.
Retails for S$42.35 at Amazon.
2. ATTITUDE’s Super Leaves Moisture Rich Conditioner
Who would have thought that quinoa is not only good in salads but can also be used for hair treatment? Guess what – it is actually useful in providing deep hydration and reparation. This anti-pollution conditioner for dry hair can detoxify your hair and scalp thoroughly too, thanks to its infusion with jojoba proteins and moringa seed extract.
Retails for S$13.19 at Amazon.
3. Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner
If you’re also looking to target or prevent excessive hair loss on top of frizziness, then this moisturising conditioner may be what you’re looking for. Its elastin protein and green caviar locks in the nutrients, creating stronger strands and luscious thick hair.
Retails for S$128 at Shopee (for 958ml of shampoo and 958ml of conditioner).
4. DOVE Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner (Affordable!)
If your hair is also suffering from severe damage, this Dove conditioner is here to help.
It intensely nourish your hair to repair damage and strengthen it against breakage with the help of the Nutri-Keratin Repair Actives in the formula. You’ll find your hair lookin
Retails for S$11.70 at Watsons.
5. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Conditioner
The Jamaican Black Castor Oil is nutrient-rich and contains reparative omegas that promote hair growth. Fortified with natural and organic ingredients, it keeps your hair shinier and stronger than ever.
Retails for S$28.40 at Lazada.
6. L’Oréal Paris Elseve Extraordinary Oil Sublime Sleek Nourishing Conditioner
Infused with 100% French Amber Cedarwood Essential Oil, this conditioner heals deep hair damages, smooths coarse and tangled tresses, and prevents split ends.
It promises to improve hair quality in just five washes and you’d love that it has a nourishing but lightweight and non-greasy formula.
Retails at S$16.90 at Watsons.
7. Suave Professionals Damage Repair Conditioner, Coconut Oil Infusion
A salon approved product, this conditioner visibly repairs your flyaways and smoothen rough hair cuticles in just three washes. While this is a great conditioner for dry hair, it is also suitable for all other hair types that are looking to tame frizziness.
Retails for S$19.90 at Shopee.
8. Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner by Ouidad (For curls)
This conditioner for dry hair is specially formulated for thick and curly hair. It seals in moisture and hydrates your scalp with its healthy combination of floral, fruit, algae, and aloe extracts. It is the perfect companion to any curl quench shampoo.
Retails for S$34.15 at Amazon.
9. PUREOLOGY – Hydrate Condition (For coloured hair)
For dry colour-treated hair, replenish your parched hair with this concentrated hydrating conditioner. Its renowned AntiFadeComplex maximises colour retention without weighing your hair down. You can look forward to sleek hair with a pleasant, lingering fragrance that you’ll enjoy.
Retails for S$98 at Zalora.
10. Hydrate & Defrizz + Kukui Oil Hair Conditioner by OGX
This formula is based on an ancient Hawaiian hair secret to glossy, smooth hair. The formula includes Kukui Nut Oil and is designed to repel humidity so your hair can look smooth and reduce frizziness.
Retails for S$13.52 at Amazon.
11. Living Proof No Frizz Conditioner
This frizz-fighting conditioner helps block humidity and is protein-packed to ensure you can achieve smooth and shiny hair with little hassle. You’d also love how weightless it feels compared to other nourishing conditioners for dry hair in the market.
Retails for S$42 at Sephora.
12. Shu Uemura Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Conditioner
This conditioner for dry hair is made with a mixture of Moringa flower and red alga extract. Together, they are able to combat coil hair textures while maintaining its volume. It also doesn’t hurt that it has a crowd-pleasing scent that you’re bound to love.
Retails for S$58 at Amazon.
13. Bumble and Bumble Full Potential Hair Preserving Conditioner
Keep your hair looking healthy with this nourishing conditioner from Bumble and Bumble that restores damaged hair and combats visible signs of hair loss. Use it regularly and you’ll find that your hair’s strength and elasticity also improves over time.
Retails for S$46.15 at Amazon.
14. Drunk Elephant Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner
This conditioner with dry hair offers a pH of 3.6 to offer balance to your hair’s conditioner. Infused with marula butter, it nourishes your hair without any product build-up that weighs it down, so you can be left with smooth, hydrated hair that still feels light.
Retails for S$36 at Sephora.
15. Repair + Renew Conditioner by Infusium
Get your well-deserved salon experience at home with this conditioner for dry hair from Infusium. Infused with Argan Oil and Keratin, it repairs, restores, and restructures your hair and give it protection against elements.
Retails for S$45.42 at Lazada (click on the link to check for discounts).
16. DevaCurl One Condition Decadence Conditioner
If you have curled your hair recently, you’d need a conditioner for dry hair that also maintains the bounce in your new curls. This one is has a nourishing formula of chufa milk and quinoa protein to give your hair the softness it craves.
Retails for S$37.61 at Amazon.
17. OGX Coconut Curls Conditioner (For curls)
Another conditioner that you can use on curly hair that also needs intense hydration, this contains a tropical blend of coconut oil, sweet honey, and citrus oil. It reduces flyaways and bounces your hair back to a glossy state. The result? Bouncy, shiny curls that are tamed.
Retails for S$16.90 at Watsons.
18. Olaplex No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner
Annoyed with the constant split ends that leaves your hair always in a tangle? Repair the hair damage with this highly moisturising conditioner. This crowd-favourite product works for all hair types and leaves your locks soft and frizz-free.
Retails for S$46 at Watsons (click on the link to check for discounts).
19. Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe + Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Conditioner (For sensitive scalp)
Fragrance-free and essential oil-free, this gentle, hypoallergenic conditioner minimises irritation and provides anti-microbial properties with its oat milk and green tea extract. This product is a great conditioner for dry hair if you have sensitive scalp.
Retails for S$36.90 at Nordstrom.
20. RE: UNITE Conditioner by UNITE HAIR
This extremely reparative conditioner armed with proteins and antioxidants that prevent cells and hair fibres from breaking down. Well-loved by hairstylists, it’s also designed to shield environmental factors such as cold wind in order to preventing moisture loss. It also helps strengthen your hair cuticles.
Retails for S$37.41 at Amazon.
21. Davines OI Conditioner
A small peek outside can give your hair a jungle look that is hard to tame? If this describes your hair, Davine’s cult-favourite conditioner for dry hair can help. It delivers the most in-depth hydration while neutralising any free radicals, leaving you with a vibrant and soft hair texture.
Retails for S$114.89 at Shopee (click on the link to check for discounts).
22. Moroccanoil Curl Enhancing Conditioner (For curls)
For curly hair that needs to be tamed, this is the product to look at. It cleanses impurities away while getting the kinks and coils in shape with this hair product. You’ll also love its lightweight and creamy texture, and how it gives your curls and healthy-looking bounce.
Retails for S$67.90 at Amazon.
23. Terax Original Crema Moisturizing Daily Conditioner
Detangling your hair is a serious workout, mostly if it is all dry and in a mess. Luckily, this product is specially designed to protect your strands as you comb your hair. It contains fatty alcohols that act as a lubricant that nourishes and retains your hair’s moisture.
Retails for S$43.90 at Amazon (click on the link to check for discounts).
24. Pantene Micellar Gentle Moisturizing Conditioner (Affordable!)
This has a unique micellar formula infused with a gentle blend of Vitamin B5 and antioxidants. The lightweight product removes impurities without stripping the essential moisture of your hair, leaving you with soft, smooth tresses that are more manageable.
Retails for S$9.50 at Shopee (click on the link to check for discounts).
25. Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Conditioner
Soothe both your hair and mind with the infused scent of lavender for a spa-like session at your home. The amino acids and paraben-free product make it the best conditioner for detangling your hair and improving its shine and manageability.
Retails for S$98 at Shopee (click on link to check for discounts).