Of all skincare routines, the one that has been the most talked about is probably the 10-Step Korean skincare routine that is touted to be the routine that guarantees you glowing, supple skin.
But a 10-step routine sounds like a lot of work – is it really good and worth your effort?
My editor tasked me with the mission of finding out, and I spent the next seven days going through every step of the Korean 10-step routine faithfully to tell you how it’s like. Read on to see how it fared!
What is the Korean 10-step skincare routine?
You will need:
- Oil cleanser
- Water-based cleanser to double cleanse
- Serums or boosters or ampoules
- Sheet masks
- Eye cream
- Sun protection
You don’t necessarily have to use Korean products to do the routine.
- Cleanse your face with an oil cleanser to get rid of any oily residue on your face
- Using a water-based cleanser, gently massage your face with your middle and ring finger to get rid of any other impurities
- Exfoliate your skin and remove all dead skin cells
DV Tip: if you’ve got sensitive skin, try using your ring finger and minimal pressure to exfoliate
- Prep your skin with a toner
- Apply essence for more hydration
- Use a serum based on your skin concerns – it could be for brightening, hydration or anti-ageing
- Carefully lay a sheet mask over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes
- Gently massage eye cream around eyes using your ring finger
- Lock in your skin’s moisture with a moisturiser
- Protect your skin from UV rays with sunscreen
Total time needed: around 23 minutes
Click on the arrow to go to the next page to see whether it worked for me.