“Lose 10kgs in one week!” “Get your waist back!” It’s a trope we see everywhere. And while it’s possible that someone can lose that much (if not more) in that time period, it really depends on your metabolism and loads of other factors, including physical activity and body composition, all of which are entirely unique to you.
Weight loss ultimately comes back to the concept of calories in, calories out: Eat less than you burn and you’ll lose weight. You might immediately think of going on a low-carb diet to lose the water weight quickly, but that diet itself is problematic because it can trick you into thinking that this eating style is working – when really, you might gain back what you lost as soon as you eat carbs again. You can only imagine how dispiriting that could be if long-lasting results are what you’re after.
Not losing as much weight as you’d hoped? Professional help may be what you need
For effective weight management, most of us need a little extra help than just sweating it out with exercise and to be honest, you should not be ashamed or embarrassed to seek help from trusted professional establishments such as Dorra Slimming. Dorra Slimming is the French lower body slimming expert that’s well-known for its suite of treatments that target specific areas of concerns (tummy, hips and thighs for example) with its latest fat-burning and body-shaping technologies.
Dorra Slimming’s most popular treatment that can help individuals lose weight effectively and safely has got to be its signature award-winning Intense Fat Burning Slimming Treatment. Conducted by trained consultants from start to finish, the treatment involves advanced infrared technology and specially concocted Body Contour Ampoules to target and eliminate fat cells.
Within 20 minutes of the treatment, it’s been shown to burn up to 2,400 calories – that adds up to about 360 sit-ups or a two-hour jogging session! Although results may vary among individuals, there is one thing that Dorra Slimming promises for each client: the treatment can effectively target your slimming needs and help you lose up to 5cm* in 60 minutes without resorting to pills, injections or crash diets.
Dorra Slimming review: How is the process like?
A firm believer that weight is just a number, Dorra Slimming’s main goal is to help clients reduce their dress size – something that I personally believe in. I used to be slim when I was younger, and didn’t think much of changing my diet (which primarily consisted of meat, fruits, snacks, and fast food) that I’ve subscribed to since my heydays.
However, it’s getting more and more evident that what I’m eating is not helping me at all as I age, because my metabolism seemed to have slowed down over the years and due to my regular inactivity (I’m not as active as I used to be), the calories that I consume are tipping the scale compared to my output. Stress and inadequate sleep over a prolonged period of time are also huge factors affecting my weight gain.
While I have no issues with the curvy shape that I currently have, I do wish my thighs and tummy are a little smaller so I can fit into my clothes more comfortably. My editor, who has previously tried the Intense Fat Burning Slimming Treatment, shared her experience with me and that convinced me to give Dorra Slimming a try.
Upon your arrival at any of the Dorra Slimming outlets, a trained Dorra consultant will welcome you in and conduct an in-depth body composition analysis before devising a customised treatment programme that suits your body and needs.
After filling up a form and answering some questions regarding my lifestyle, I had my height and Body Mass Index (BMI) measured in a separate room for better insights into my weight and body. After getting a detailed report from the high-tech device, my consultant thoroughly explained each number on the piece of paper to me and what they meant exactly.
Courtesy of my diet, it’s no surprise that all the numbers on my report are on the higher end of the scale but at no point at all, did my consultant put me down in any way or made me feel uncomfortable and disgusted about my body. After the explanation, she went through the basics of the Intense Fat Burning Slimming Treatment which was what’s prescribed to me to address my concerns.
My consultant then ushered me to the treatment room around the corner in the female-only establishment to begin the session. As you can only focus on one area per treatment, the session began with my consultant taking measurements of my midriff, waist, and tummy pre-treatment. Then, it was time to get into real action.
As my skin was not of the sensitive type, my consultant decided to use two Body Contour Ampoules on me – the light blue ampoule is designed to burn fat for 12 hours and reduce water retention while the purple-tinged one works to burn fat for 24 hours (however, it may be a little too stimulating for sensitive skin).
Made with organic seaweed derivative to boost fat breakdown and trehalose to protect and moisturise the skin, the slimming boosters are specifically developed to trigger the activation of lipase (the main enzyme that breaks down dietary fats in the human digestive system) activity, which decreases with age and pregnancy, and is also affected by hormonal changes and lifestyle habits.
During the treatment, I could really tell that my consultant is professionally trained in identifying key weight problems in individuals – she had asked me if my diet consists of a lot of meat because over-consumption of meat leads to hard fat tissue formation, yikes!
The boosters were gradually applied on my tummy followed by the use of a handheld infrared device to break down the fat cells. This continued for about 20 minutes before my consultant wrapped up the treatment with the application of Oxygel, a cooling transparent gel that helps deliver an oxygen boost deep into the skin layers to help with the discharging of fat cells.
After the treatment, measurements of my midriff, waist, and tummy were taken again and in just 20 minutes, I managed to trim off about 2cm on my midriff – quite a feat considering that the area has plenty of stubborn fat that accumulated over the years.
My treatment officially ended at the consultation room where my consultant shared with me the next steps I should take on top of going for regular treatments to see better results.
7 proven weight loss tips I learned from my Dorra Slimming therapist
Now, I’ve heard and read lots of tips and tricks on losing weight but my efforts never seemed to yield any results no matter how much I tried. Crash or fat diets did very little to keep me going either. Turns out, my long-term habit of skipping breakfast and also turning in late at night are hindering me from keeping the pounds off.
Upon learning this, my Dorra Slimming therapist shared with me seven handy tips that are not the usual run-of-the-mill methods but rather legitimate, updated ways that truly work, and I intend to adopt them in my daily life to slowly but surely shed the weight.
- Build better breakfast: Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day but what you eat in the morning matters a lot too. The best, heartiest breakfasts (that contain lean protein, filling good fat, and fibre) are ones that will fill you up, keep you satisfied, and stave off cravings later in the day. Take it from me, skipping breakfast will not help you lose weight. You could miss out on essential nutrients and may even end up snacking more throughout the day because you feel hungry.
- Eat more vegetables, all of the time: Vegetables (and fruits) are low in calories and fat, but high in fibre – three essential ingredients for successful weight loss. Plus, they also contain loads of vitamins and minerals so try to eat more of these foods daily. If you’re having mixed rice for lunch for example, aim to get two portions of vegetables and one portion of meat for a balanced meal.
- Catch your Z’s: Experts have repeatedly concluded that not getting enough sleep every night messes up with your metabolism. Plus, when you’re awake for longer, you’re naturally more likely to snack on midnight munchies (I can attest to this). Try to sleep early and adequately (at least seven hours a night).
- Resist the urge to skip a meal: Contrary to what some people will tell you to do (my mom sure did), going without food for long periods of time actually hurts your healthy eating efforts because it slows down your metabolism and will more than likely lead you to binge later in the day. Aim to eat three meals every day (you can have a couple of healthy snacks in between), and don’t wait longer than three to four hours without eating.
- Keep a food journal: Recent studies show that people who have a habit of logging everything they eat are more likely to lose weight and keep it off for the long haul. You can do it on a regular notebook or use apps like MyFitnessPal or Healthy 365 to help you stay accountable for what you’ve eaten. Doing so also helps you identify other areas of your daily eats that could use a little improvement.
- Pump up the caffeine: Caffeine is a natural diuretic and an excellent source of antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage. So, enjoy your cup of coffee or green tea (if you’re not much of a coffee drinker). You can have up to 400mg daily, that’s about a large cup of Starbucks coffee.
- Eat your H2O: It’s no secret that you need to drink plenty of water to help combat bloating, but you can also consume high-water content foods like cucumber, watermelon, celery, and artichoke to make up the numbers. Not only do they contain diuretic properties, but they’ll also help you stay full due to their higher fibre content.
Dorra Slimming review: Final thoughts
All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Dorra Slimming mainly because there wasn’t any negativity or judgement about my weight from the beginning to the end of my session. In fact, my consultant was extremely patient and kind with me – she even advised me to take small five-minute breaks in between work in hopes of easing my stress level.
While Dorra’s treatments are designed to resolve your problem areas and banish those unsightly bumps and stubborn bulges in your tummy, hips, and thighs, it’s important to know that they are not only for overweight ladies – those interested in toning certain areas of their bodies can also benefit from Dorra’s targeted slimming treatments.
What that means is that even women who appear “slim”, and are already working out and have a balanced diet, but simply could not shake off stubborn fats on specific parts of their body (tummy, thighs or arms, for example) will be able to benefit from those treatments.
But as we all know, one should not rely on slimming treatments alone to achieve a toned figure in the long term. Dorra Slimming understands this as well, which is why its team of professional consultants always takes the opportunity to share with customers valuable slimming tips that can be practised daily – just like how mine did.
Currently with seven outlets island-wide, Dorra Slimming has helped over 30,000 ladies to slim down and achieve their weight goal. It is especially an ideal choice for working ladies and busy homemakers because the first treatment takes only 60 minutes of your time (a detailed body-fat analysis included), whereas subsequent treatments only require 20 to 40 minutes.
Those who had tried Dorra Slimming shared with Daily Vanity that they appreciate the one-to-one treatments that they get to do with the same consultant throughout their weight loss journey. This means that not only are their treatments personalised based on their body type and condition, the women also have a mentor figure-slash-confidant who can help track their progress and give them encouragement.
Here are just some of the amazing transformations seen on Dorra Slimming’s clients:
Dorra Slimming’s signature Intense Fat Burning Slimming Treatment is now available at only S$28 (U.P. S$450), exclusively for first-timers! You can make your appointment online via this link.
Address: See the full list of locations on the website
Contact: 6881 8181 (general hotline), or find the full list of contact numbers for all Dorra Slimming outlets on the website
Opening hours: 10am – 9pm (Mon to Fri) | 9.30am – 8pm (Sat) | 9.30am – 7pm (Sun) | 9.30am – 6.30pm (PH)
Website | Facebook | Instagram
*Results may vary according to each individual.