Droopy eyelids can happen to everyone. Also known as ptosis, it occurs more frequently in the elderly, but it can also happen at any age and to varying degrees of severity.
When the thin and delicate skin around our eyelids loses elasticity, it can make us appear tired, inattentive, and stern – the opposite of how we want to appear, especially when we’re facing colleagues and clients regularly.
If you seek a solution to lift the excess skin, keep reading. Ahead, we’ll share what causes droopy eyelids as well as a non-invasive option that visibly reduces hooding and eyelid droopiness.
What causes droopy eyelids?
Also known as the levator muscle, our eyelid muscle is what keeps our upper eyelid up. This muscle works like a rubber band – it contracts and relaxes to control how your lids open and shut. As you age, however, this muscle can weaken and become less elastic, resulting in droopy eyelids.
Apart from ageing, there are other factors that hasten the development of hooded and droopy eyelids:
- Genetics: Droopy eyelids can sometimes be due to a structural malformation of the levator muscle at birth.
- Tugging and pulling: The skin on the eyelid is much thinner than anywhere else on the body – a fraction of the depth of other areas on the face. This is why it is much more prone to droopiness if it constantly experiences tugging.
- Trauma: An injury to the eye area can impair the levator muscle.
- Medical conditions: When both the upper eyelids droop, it may be a sign of an underlying medical condition.
Crepes and folds can make firm skin and smooth eyeshadow application feel like an all-too distant dream, but there’s an easy, effective way to go attain younger-looking eyes.
How to lift and firm the eye area sans surgery
Years ago, those with droopy eyelids who were looking to lift them only had a few options beyond surgery. However, technology has come a long way in recent years, and now there are several stellar non-invasive options, such as the D.E.J Eye Cream®.
The “D.E.J” in its name refers to our dermal-epidermal junction, an area under the skin where the dermis and epidermis meet. This is the area that’s responsible for supporting the skin’s structure, so it plays a crucial role.
As years go by, this junction begins to flatten, which is why the skin slackens and paves the way for visible signs of ageing.
Unlike most other eye creams, D.E.J Eye Cream® was specially formulated to address the upper eyelid, thereby creating the appearance of more lifted, firmer, and smoother skin around the delicate eye area.
This potent formula is able to do so thanks to a blend of extracts, peptides, and antioxidants that help brighten the skin and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles:
- Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline: Stimulate laminin synthesis, which is a key part of the dermal-epidermal junction.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: Boosts the synthesis of collagen and fibronectin at the dermal-epidermal junction for a firmer eye area.
- Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14 and Goji Fruit Extract: Enhance collagen production and inhibit destructive enzymes.
- Sunflower Seed Oil Unsaponifiables: Moisturise the eye area and improve overall skin texture.
On top of these hardworking ingredients, D.E.J Eye Cream® also features the brand’s new Prebiotic Innovation that balances levels of good bacteria on the skin. This increases the diversity of our microflora to help our microbiome thrive, which then gives us stronger skin.
While this eye cream is made for hooded and droopy eyelids, it’s also a great option if you are simply looking to improve the appearance of your eye area. Rest assured, the fragrance-free formula is suitable for all ages and skin types, even those with sensitive skin.
Here are three easy steps to use D.E.J Eye Cream®:
- Dispense one pump of eye cream and dot it around the entire eye area, from your under-eyes to the outer corners of your eyes and on your eyelids.
- In circular motions, gently massage the product into your skin using the cooling metal applicator.
- Lightly tap in any excess product with your fingertips and you’re done! Do not apply the cream directly into your eyes.
Use twice daily, morning and night, and you’ll see optimal results in 12 weeks. The only caveat? You’ll have to be diligent about it to reap the full benefits!
The ultimate anti-ageing duo
Texture changes, crepey skin, and loss of firmness are all ordinary effects of ageing. We embrace getting older, but if you want to address the visible signs of ageing, pair the D.E.J Eye Cream® with D.E.J Face Cream®.
Also inspired by the dermal-epidermal junction, D.E.J Face Cream® is an intensive skin-renewing moisturiser that reduces fine lines and wrinkles, lifts sagging skin, and corrects thinning skin. It does it all while improving your skin’s texture and overall radiance.
It also contains alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, which is a prebiotic that gives your skin’s defence system a huge boost. Apart from that, the moisturiser also includes these powerful actives:
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it lifts the skin by enhancing the synthesis of collagen, Fibronectin, and Laminin-5.
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-2 and Amino Acid Copper Complex: Increase the synthesis of elastin and collagen.
- THD Ascorbate: Clinically proven to revitalise and brighten dull skin.
- Rosemary Leaf Extract and Ursolic Acid: Strengthen the barrier to keep the skin smooth and moisturised.
Besides targeting signs of ageing, this oil-free formula is also clinically proven to reduce redness, so it’s ideal for those with sensitive skin. Like the D.E.J Eye Cream®, it leaves out alcohol, artificial dyes, fragrances, and parabens, so delicate complexions can breathe easy.
If you’re looking for a lightweight yet hydrating moisturiser that brings about bountiful beauty benefits, end your search with D.E.J Face Cream®. Simply apply it morning and evening after cleansing and applying the eye cream.
From 10 June to 9 July 2022, you can also score amazing deals on Revision Skincare’s products at Shopee, Lazada, and Revision Skincare’s Singapore website.
Here are the promo codes to use:
- Shopee: ABSORSXDV (Claim on the store’s homepage)
- Lazada: RSXDV (Claim on the store’s homepage)
- Revision Skincare Singapore Website: ABSORSXDV (Enter code before payment)