Spanish apparel retailer Zara isn’t exactly new to the beauty arena; the brand has been releasing fragrances they create on their own or as a part of a collaboration with known perfumers such as Jo Malone.
The brand has now officially announced that it is plunging right into beauty, with a new line of makeup products that will include lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes, and nail polishes.
Zara Beauty is headed by Diane Kendal, a makeup artist who also serves as product consultant and developer for several known beauty brands, including Marc Jacobs Beauty and Calvin Klein Cosmetics.
Products are expected to carry sleek packages that feel high-end while retaining reasonable prices ranging between US$8 and US$26, and refills starting at US$5. Zara Beauty says that they are shade- and gender-inclusive.
What products can you find in Zara Beauty?
Its debut collection – much like how it works as a fast-fashion retailer that releases hundreds of designs weekly – is huge.
At launch, you can look forward to:
- Six lip products: Ultimatte Matte Lipstick, Cult Satin Lipstick, Tinted Balm Lipstick, Stiletto Demi-Matte Lipstick, Nourishing Jelly Oil, and the Velvet Pigment Lip Gloss
- Four eye products: Eye Colour in 6 Eyeshadow Palette (in five shades), Eye Colour in 2 Eyeshadow Duo (in nine duos), Metal Foil Loose Pigment (in four shades), and one eyeliner
- 23 face products: These include nine bronzers, nine blushes, two highlighters, and three face palettes
- Six brushes: These are designed to help you apply the products they’ve launched
- 39 nail polishes: These are said to be made with natural ingredients
Zara Beauty launches on 12 May at Zara.com. There isn’t news on whether it’ll be available at retail locations in Singapore.