Everybody knows about hair extensions in the world of fashion, and how useful they are at transforming a fashionista’s ensemble in a blink of an eye. If you’re feeling bored with your short or shoulder-length mane, or want your thin tresses to look thicker instantly, then a clip-in hair extension can potentially solve your hair woes.
Clip-in remy human hair extensions are the best choice for adding volume and length in your hair, and are also ideal for creating new and exciting styles. You will instantly get longer and fuller locks by using them without breaking the bank. Not only that, clip-in hair extensions also blend well with your hair, are easy to apply, and best of all, they are temporary and can be easily removed and clipped on when needed.
The difference between clip-in hair extensions and other hair extension options in the market
Semi-permanent hair extensions such as sew-in, tape-in, cold fusion, and hot fusion are attached to your hair by gluing, clamping micro-beads or melting keratin methods, which will cause damage to your natural locks. Not to mention, the whole process is very time-consuming as well as you’d need to return to the salon every six to eight weeks for removal and installation.
On the other hand, clip-in hair extensions are very easy to install by yourself at home and are also less invasive to your natural hair, which means this method is safer and more economical.
How to shop the best clip-in hair extensions for your hair type
If you are new to hair extensions and would like to try them, you should consider the important key points below before buying clip-in hair extensions that will suit your hair and make you look and feel good.
Choosing the right colour is vital, but it’s not necessary to match the exact shade to your natural hair. Because you can blend the hues of your natural hair and the hair extension, mixing closely matched colours will enhance your natural hair colour and help you achieve a new look. If you still prefer the extension colour to match the natural shade of your hair, the best way to do so is to consult a professional hairstylist.
Remy hair versus synthetic hair
Remy human hair extensions are made with 100% real human hair. The raw materials mainly come from Indian temples, where women donate part of their beauty – their long mane – to gods in an attempt to purify themselves. Top-grade hair material is virgin hair, which means the cuticle – the outermost protective layer – of the hair shaft has never been damaged by the process of colouring or styling.
With intact cuticles, the hair extensions can last more than eight months with proper maintenance. With hair extensions made with remy human hair, you can colour, straighten, curl or style your hair extensions like your own natural hair. This is the main reason why many customers choose to go for remy hair extensions.
Synthetic hair, which is often used in wigs and dolls, is made of fabric or plastic – this means you cannot colour, straighten or curl any part of it. While these extensions are undoubtedly more affordable than remy hair extensions, the finish on synthetic hair extensions are oftentimes shiny and unnatural.
So if natural-looking hair is what you’re after, just ask any expert and they’ll recommend you to go for remy hair extensions.
Clip-in hair extensions are friendly for beginners
If you are thinking of purchasing hair extensions for the first time or are looking for instant volume and length without the long-term commitment to a salon, then clip-in hair extensions are a perfect choice for you. The pieces of clips are attached securely in the hair extensions, which will transform your entire look in just minutes.
And whether you are used to wearing them or are just a beginner, these clip-in hair extensions will only offer you a unique, memorable look each time without any discomfort. Plus, you can wear and remove it yourself easily whenever you want – we’ve even prepare a simple tutorial here that you can easily follow!
A step-by-step guide to wearing clip-in hair extensions
If you’ve bought clip-in hair extensions but have no idea how to install them, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will help you understand how to blend clip-in hair extensions and adjust the placement of every weft in your natural hair.
- The tools you should have: a complete set of clip-in hair extensions, mirror, brush, and hair clips or pins. Before installing the extension, comb your hair first and make sure your hair is clean, dry, and brushed out.
- Separate your hair horizontally with a tail comb at the nape of your head and pin up the rest of your hair on top.
- Select a three-clip weft hair extension, brush it to get rid of any tangles, and insert it at the separated hair section.
- Insert the middle clip to the roots of your hair as close as possible. Once the middle clip has been inserted, insert the right clip, and then left.
- To add a second layer of extension, release your hair horizontally again from one inch (2.5cm) above the starting line, and insert the second layer of extension.
- Once again, to add a third layer, release your hair horizontally again from one inch (2.5cm) above the line. After adding the third layer, blend your hair by gently brushing it through with your fingers. The same process will apply to every layer that you would like to add.
- The most crucial step is to leave enough hair on the top to cover the layers of extension below.
- Smaller weft hair extensions can be worn on the side as they will add volume in that area. Simply separate a thin section of hair just above the ear and pin up the rest of your hair. Insert the layer close in your hairline.
- Once done, blend the hair to create a smooth transition. Repeat this process on the other side.
When all layers are attached, comb your hair smoothly and gentle. Et voila!