You first started using a skincare product at the age of 13. It was a cleanser, and your mum told you to use it to prevent pimples from appearing as you go through puberty. Then the breakouts came and you were introduced to more products: perhaps an oil-control moisturiser, and maybe a tube of pimple cream.
But as you reach adulthood, the excessive production of sebum has stopped, and the products you’re more familiar with no longer seem relevant to you. You look to the one who taught you to use a cleanser; your mum is using anti-ageing formulas that feel too rich for your young skin and anyhow, you’re not sure if you should be dabbling with serious anti-wrinkle solutions at this point of your life, since you’re looking to prevent signs of ageing and not get rid of them.
Welcome to the beauty dilemma of the in-between age.
This is the first and last time you’ll be in this unique age bracket – you have only one chance to get it right
You have to admit that the set of problems you face as someone in her mid-twenties to mid-thirties is inherently different from a teenager or a matured woman. Skin at this age bracket is characterised by a few features: it’s dehydrated because of long hours spent in an air-conditioned office, it looks tired from inadequate sleep and high level of stress, it also looks dull due to exposure to environmental pollutants, which are inevitable in urban life.
This means that instead of oil-control formulas that are mattifying in nature, your skin would prefer highly-hydrated products that have the ability to invigorate your skin and make it look fresh, lively, and radiant.
And it’s important that you get this right, because a lot are at stake; this is the period of your life where many of your “firsts” are going to happen: you’ll go for important job interviews that your entire career may depend on, you’ll meet someone who may eventually become your life partner, and you’ll land yourselves opportunities that are going to determine the achievements you can talk about to your grandchildren in the future. And obviously, a fresh and pristine appearance is going to have a lot to do with all these milestones in your life that we’ve just mentioned, because first impressions are made within the first seven seconds of any meeting.
An energising skincare regime is what you need
By now, you should probably know it’s time to abandon the products you’ve held on to since you were a teenager, and that you don’t have to look to your mum’s favourite anti-ageing products yet. What you need is a range of products of your own that truly addresses all the skin concerns that are relevant to you right now.
If you haven’t found your holy grail products, we say, look no further than Lancôme’s latest Énergie de Vie collection. The products in this range is designed specifically for young multi-taskers like you who need products that freshen and re-energise skin. Hydrating, refreshing, and packed with anti-oxidants, these products are exactly what those between the ages of 25 and 35 need. And they do all that with nourishing but lightweight formulas that your skin will love, especially in our humid climate.
While it consists of a full, comprehensive range of skincare products, there are three we’d like to highlight; these are the ones you should certainly look out for if you’d like to try this collection.
1. Lancôme Énergie de Vie Pearly Lotion: This has a myriad of translucent and evanescent pearls that nourish skin intensely. Its intelligent formula combines that of the luxurious sensation of an oil, and the lightness of water.
2. Lancôme Énergie de Vie Liquid Care: This is the star product in this collection. An all-in-one skincare, it’s designed to be as fresh as a lotion, as concentrated as a serum, and as moisturising as a Lancôme cream that everyone loves. Fortified with three superfoods: French Melissa, Goji extract, Gentian extract, this serum invigorates dull and tired-looking skin so you can look forward to rejuvenated, powered-up complexion. Your body needs a detox with superfoods, so does your skin!
3. Lancôme Énergie de Vie Sleeping Mask: Whether it’s as an emergency treatment or as a regular treat, this overnight product intensely repair and moisturise skin while you sleep. Its unique texture breaks into water on skin and in effect lowers its temperature so you can enjoy instant freshness. This reinforces your skin’s natural barrier and moisture levels so you can wake up to skin that looks renewed, so you’ll be ready to take on any challenge!
Get out of the beauty dilemma!
We know that you may not want to make a commitment to new skincare products until you’ve seen for yourself how amazing it is. Try out the new Énergie de Vie products for yourself at the Lancôme boutique and counters as Lancôme experts share with you how you can energise tired-looking skin. At the one-on-one complimentary Energise Boost Skin Rejuvenation Service, you’ll get to:
1. Rejuvenate your skin with the Énergie de Vie Pearly Lotion
2. Boost the effectiveness of your skincare routine with the iconic Advanced Génifique pre serum by stimulating the youth proteins in your skin
3. Revitalise your skin with Énergie de Vie Liquid Care, the star product in the series
4. Renew your skin with the Énergie de Vie Water-Infused Cream or Overnight Recovery Sleeping Mask
5. Get your skin shielded from environmental aggressors, blue light and UV light with the UV Expert CC Cover
This article is brought to you by Lancome.