Whether it’s the beautiful cityscapes of Paris, Shanghai, or New York, or the breathtaking gorgeous natural scenery of Taiwan, Switzerland, or Japan, all of us want to look our best in our holiday pictures.
Unfortunately, luggage space (and weight!) is a huge reason why we instead choose to forego some of our precious beauty routines while we’re on holiday.
This doesn’t have to be the case!
These beauty travel sets are the answers you’ve been looking for to keep your luggage lightweight and your skin beautiful and glowing in all those Instagram snapshots.
1. Crabtree & Evelyn Travel Sets
Whatever your travel destination, there’s always a travel-sized set from Crabtree & Evelyn that’s just right for the vibe and the atmosphere.
Bask in sand, sun, and sea with the marine-inspired scent of the Crabtree & Evelyn La Source travel-sized range, which includes a body wash (SGD10, 50ml), body lotion (SGD10, 50ml), shampoo (SGD10, 50ml), and conditioner (SGD10, 50ml).
If clean, pristine air, open grassy spaces, and unsurpassable sights of nature is more your thing, then go for the Citron & Coriander range instead, sure to perk up your senses and blend in deliciously with the crisp air around you.
Besides a body wash (SGD10, 50ml), body lotion (SGD10, 50ml), the Citron & Coriander set also includes the 60-Second Fix for Hands (SGD23), consisting of the Hand Recovery (25ml) and Hand Therapy (25g).
Crabtree & Evelyn travel-sized sets will be available in all Crabtree & Evelyn stores from 29 June 2018.
2. Scent by SIX
We’ve heard of homegrown brands dabbling in makeup, skincare, and fashion, but it’s not everyday that you come across a local perfumer brand!
Their original collection has become the darlings of jetsetters everywhere because of the incredibly convenient packaging. Each perfume comes in a sleek black tube featuring a twist-up mechanism to unravel the perfume nozzle.
Why is it designed like that? So you won’t ever lose your perfume caps again!
What’s more, the canister inside is changeable, so you can refill it with a different scent, or you can even wash it out and fill it with a fragrance from a different brand for a convenient travel-friendly perfume bottle. We love how multi-functional it is!
The scents are:
- 1724 Puka: inspired by the beaches of Boracay, the notes include rhubarb, mint, bergamot, musk, and jasmine.
- 27°F BIEI: you may or may not have been to this town in Hokkaido, Japan, but you can experience its intrinsic duality with this scent made of coriander, mandarin orange, lavender, sandalwood, bulgarian rose, and cedar
- 123 Tribeca: taking a cue from the concrete jungle where dreams are made, this scent of lemon, orange peel, rosemary, lily-of-the-valley, and brazilian rosewood will transport you to New York City.
3. Pixi Best of Bright Kit
You don’t need to be deep into beauty to have heard of the Pixi Glow Tonic before – it’s achieved cult status even amongst casual skincare junkies around the world.
Whether you can’t live without your Pixi Glow Tonic even while you’re on holiday, or you want to give it a tentative try-out before you make the plunge and get the full-sized bottle, this Pixi travel kit is all you need to help you see the brighter skin underneath.
Pixi Best of Bright Kit includes Glow Mud Cleanser (15ml), Glow Tonic (40ml), and Glow Mud Mask (15ml). It retails for SGD34 at Sephora.
4. Tarte Hydrate And Glow Getaway Set (Limited Edition)
Tarte has been going heavy into deeply hydrating beauty products in recent times, introducing formulas rich in antioxidants and marine extracts in their cult classic Rainforest of the Sea collection.
It’s no surprise that their travel-sized kit aims to keep your skin hydrated and glowy no matter what the climate at your destination.
Don’t be fooled by the seemingly hefty price tag – you’re getting a full-sized Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette Vol. III worth SGD53 on its own.
In addition, you also get travel-sized versions of the Rainforest of the Sea Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost, the Rainforest of the Sea 4-in-1 Setting Mist, and the Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick in the shade Island Life
Tarte Hydrate And Glow Getaway Set (Limited Edition) retails for SGD62 at Sephora.
5. Sephora Collection Travel Brush Set
Who says you have to make do with your makeup when you’re on holiday?
With this Sephora Collection Travel Brush Set, you don’t have to compromise on your makeup just because you’re on the move. It includes five brushes: a general powder brush, small and medium eye shadow brushes, a sponge-tip eye shadow brush, and an eyebrow comb, all of which are already packaged in a convenient brush pouch!
Sephora Collection Travel Brush Set retails for SGD19 at Sephora.
6. Percy & Reed To Go! Volume Duo
Transferring your favourite shampoos and conditioners into travel-sized bottles can be a pain in the neck when you’re packing for your next trip, but banking on hotel toiletries may be a huge gamble too!
The best solution? Just pack a travel-sized hair care duo from a brand that you can trust with your glossy tresses. The Percy & Reed To Go! Volume Duo includes the Bountifully Bouncy Volumising Shampoo (50ml) and the Bountifully Bouncy Volumising Conditioner (50ml).
Percy & Reed To Go! Volume Duo retails for SGD19 at Sephora.
7. Edible Beauty On The Fly Travel Kit
Keep it simple with Edible Beauty’s beauty essential travel beauty kit. It contains only what you need without frills and fluff. This certified organic Australian beauty brand has been making waves for its awesome-for-skin formulas and its ethical branding – even their bottle packaging are 100% recyclable.
The set includes:
- Belle Frais Cleansing Milk: with coconut oil to moisture and freshen skin
- Citrus Rhapsody Radiance Mist: a concoction of antioxidants to nourish the skin as it refreshes
- Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum: to reduce fine lines and stimulate collagen production
- Vanilla Silk Hydrating Lotion: a lightweight moisturiser that reduces wrinkles
Edible Beauty On The Fly Travel Kit retails for SGD73 at Sephora.
OK, this isn’t a travel-sized product or a set per se, but we just had to include Bio-Oil in this list because of how multi-functional the thing is.
We all know Bio-Oil for the magic it works on preventing stretchmarks, especially on pregnant women. Did you know that it can also act as a moisturiser, face wash, and makeup remover? In fact, some Reddit users have reported extremely positive results using Bio-Oil even as a makeup primer too.
Here’s a video that shows you the many ways you can use the product during travels.
This ONE product can help declutter your beauty pouch for your next holiday! ✈️Like and share this video, and leave a comment to tell us which is your favourite hack to stand a chance to win the product we featured!
Posted by Daily Vanity on Thursday, 5 October 2017
(Your significant other can use it as a pre- and post-shave moisturiser too!)
Bio-Oil retails for SGD15.50 (60ml), SGD25.90 (125ml) and SGD35.90 (200ml) at all leading pharmacies, selected departmental stores and hospitals island wide.
9. Sephora Collection Invisilk Mask Mono
This amazing new sheet mask line from Sephora Collection was an unexpected winner during the latest episode of Daily Vanity Beauty Lab, where we pitted six popular sheet masks against each other.
The mask fits snugly onto the face and clings in there comfortably. Not to mention, it yielded a good amount of serum even after some rigorous squeezing, and it improved our colleague’s skin hydration level by 9%!
The mask comes with different key ingredients for both sensorial variation and for a host of skincare concerns:
- Pearl: The White Pearl Brightening Mask refines and illuminates the skin with natural-origin pearl
- Rose: The Rose Ultra Hydrating Mask infuses hydration deep in to the skin with natural rose extract
- Pomegranate: The Pomegranate Antioxidant Mask revitalises the skin for a more refreshed complexion
- Orchid: The Orchid Regeneration Mask moisturises and evens out the skintone while also diminishing visible signs of ageing
- Job’s Tears: Moisturises and hydrates the skin with natural origin Job’s tears extract from China
- Green Tea: The Green Tea Anti-Blemish Mask soothes sensitive and stressed skin while absorbing excess facial oil to reduce zits
- Ginseng: The Ginseng Firming Mask firms the skin and tones it for a more supple and energised look
- Avocado: The Avocado Moisturising Mask provides intensive nutrition for the skin, soothing and nurturing it into a healthy glow
- Marine Algae: The Algae Hydration Mask gets rid of impurities in the skin that dulls complexion, revealing a more radiant you
- Lotus: The Lotus Soothing Mask seals in hydration to ward away tiredness on the skin so you can look more rested and refreshed
Sephora Collection Invisilk Mask Mono retails for SGD4 each at Sephora.
10. Urban Decay Born To Run Eye Shadow Palette
Have you heard of an eye shadow palette specifically made for travelling? While this new eye shadow palette from Urban Decay is full-sized, it contains an impressive variety of shades and colours so you know you’re covered whether you want to go for a cool or warm-toned look on any given day.
You can unleash your creativity and mix and match colours to your heart’s content, but if you need guidance, each column of trios are specifically chosen to complement each other. This is the all-in-one eye shadow palette you never knew you needed for holidays.
The palette has been exclusively launched in Singapore and we are the first country in the world to experience it, even earlier than America!
Urban Decay Born To Run Eye Shadow Palette retails for SGD73 at Sephora ION now, at all other Sephora stores from 13 June 2018, and at all freestanding Urban Decay boutiques from 21 June 2018.
11. Foreo Luna Mini 2
Love your Foreo facial cleansing devices but find them a bit of hassle to bring around with you on a holiday? The cute little palm-sized Foreo Luna Mini 2 is just the right size to pop into an overnight bag so you can give your skin the pampering it needs even while you’re away from home.
Best part? It’s waterproof and rechargable. The battery lasts up to 300 uses per full charge!
Featured image from Foreo.