Music, fashion, and beauty icon Rihanna has finally revealed her makeup brand – Fenty Beauty. Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, has decided to go with her own name for her brand, because she believes that this venture is a personal one.
Representatives from the brand share that Rihanna has been very hands-on with Fenty Beauty, and has been involved in the creation of every product, including naming them.
After sharing several teasers on her Instagram page, including this one:
And an extremely stylish trailer video:
We already had a brief idea of what to expect. But seeing is believing.
When Daily Vanity finally sees the full collection at the media preview at Sephora ION just hours before the official launch to public, we knew this was something different.
The three products that help you create the “Fenty Face” by Rihanna
First of all, Fenty Beauty offers 40 shades of foundation. The Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (SGD50) has a matte finish that builds to medium to full coverage. The oil-free formula is made with climate-adaptive technology that’s resistant to sweat and humidity, and won’t clog pores.
We love that we could find the exact shade that matches our skin tone, because the range includes every colour you can think of from cool to warm to neutral, which means that we didn’t need to just “make do” with a shade that was “close enough”.
The next item you should probably look forward to is the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter (SGD50). In three variants, including Trophy Wife, the gold glitter one that you may have seen in teasers, these are cream-powders that you can use to amp up your makeup. We tried it on our faces and find that it applies easily, and leaves a beautiful shimmer that flatters anybody’s skin tone.
From left: Trophy Wife, Metal Moon, Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal, Mean Money/Hustla Baby, Girl Next Door/Chic Phreak, Ginger Binge/Moscow Mule
Each duo features a subtle sheen on the left (ideal for day wear) and a more intense shimmer on the right (perfect for night). These highlighters can also be used as blush or a body glitter.
Don’t leave your shopping cart without the Invisimatte Blotting Paper and Refill (SGD26 and SGD14 for refills). The super compact product contains a roll of blotting paper.
Pull out the amount of paper that you need and tear off at the jagged edges of the product. Made with natural botanical fibres that you’ll also find in traditional Japanese paper, this blotting paper roll is housed in a lipstick-sized compact that also comes with a small mirror. Best part? It’s refillable.
These three products that we’ve mentioned: foundation, highlighter, and blotting paper form products that you need to create the “Fenty Face” that Rihanna envisions, and (base, highlight, blot) are the methods she use to create her iconic complexion in real life.
Rihanna shares, “these steps are key to starting your makeup, no matter the look you’re going for.”
Fenty Beauty products and price list (Singapore)
Here are all the products that you’ll be able to find in Fenty Beauty, which by the way, is 100% cruelty-free. We’ve also included their prices for your reference:
Fenty Beauty – Beauty products
- Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer (SGD48): This is a soft matte base that creates a filter-like blurring effect, and is suitable for all skin tones.
- Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (SGD50): This is available in 40 shades and you can find more information about it in the write-up above.
- Match Stix Matte Skinstick (SGD37): In a magnetic tube that allows it to stick to other magnetic products in the range (for easier travel!) this is a cream-to-powder product that can be used to conceal, correct, and contour.
- Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick (SGD37): An on-the-go highlighting stick, it comes in 10 beautiful shades – all of which catch the light to luminise your face instantly.
- Match Stix Trio (SGD79): Get the “Fenty Face” without the guesswork with this pre-bundled set. They can be magnetised together, and are curated to complement the complexion that you belong to. Ask a beauty advisor to help you find your perfect trio!
- Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter (SGD50): This can be used on your face, eyes, and body. Read more about it in the write-up above.
- Invisimatte Blotting Powder (SGD44): Rihanna believes that being shine-free is the key to creating a photo-ready face, and blotting on the fly is the final step to creating the “Fenty Face”. This pore-diffusing powder absorbs shine so you look refreshed.
- Invisimatte Blotting Paper (SGD26, SGD14 for refills): If you’re the blotting paper type of girl then this upgrades your routine. Read more about it in the write-up above.
- Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer (SGD31): This is the product that you saw the model smacking on their lips in the trailer video. In a universal rose nude shade that’s handpicked by Rihanna, it contains conditioning shea butter and an addictive peach-vanilla scent that we love.
Fenty Beauty – Beauty tools
- Precision Makeup Sponge 100 (SGD26): This three-sided makeup sponge blends all makeup formula – liquid, cream, and powder. The slanted edge is great for stippling, the mini-moon edge can be used on targeted areas like your under eye area, and the rounded end is designed for all-over buffing.
- Full-Bodied Foundation Brush 10 (SGD50): This is designed to be used together with the foundation from Fenty Beauty. Made with 140,000 ultra-fine synthetic bristles, it delivers quick coverage and blends beautifully.
- Cheek-Hugging Highlight Brush 120 (SGD48): With expertly chiseled curves on both sides of the brush, this allows you to go around the curves of your face – such as your cheeks, brow bone, cupid’s bow, bridge of your nose, and even your collarbone – effortlessly. Use this with the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter for beautiful results.
- Portable Touch Up Brush 130 (SGD36): Stick this magnetic blotting powder brush with the Invisimatte Blotting Powder! Its slanted, soft synthetic bristles provide with sufficient surface area for applying the powder. This brush is retractable.
- Portable Highlighter Brush 140 (SGD36): This attaches perfectly to the Match Stix Shimmer Skinsticks so you can bring them out easily without fussing around for them. This brush is retractable.
- Portable Contour & Concealer Brush 150 (SGD36): Use this with the Match Stix Matte Skinsticks for precision in application. This brush is retractable.
The brand is available at Sephora stores and online. Click here to shop for Fenty Beauty online!
Watch this video to have a quick overview of what you can look forward to at Fenty Beauty:
We’ll update this page as we receive more information.