Didn’t September just start not too long ago? We don’t know about you, but it seems like September just flew by for us. Now we’re on the cusp of October and we’re looking forward to trying out some new and exciting products available in October.
We have a rose-inspired range from Canvas, the Australian beauty brand that takes natural ingredients very seriously. We have a whopping 33 new lipsticks from Shu Uemura, and 32 new pigmented powders from Make Up For Ever. For you skincare junkies, we also have new additions to the Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater range. Curious to find out more? We have all the details below.
1. Canvas Rose Otto Ultra Regenerating Series
Canvas is a beauty brand from Australia, and they’re dedicated to the business of skin cell regeneration by using blends of the highest grade essential oils. They also take the term ‘natural beauty’ very seriously – all their products have at least 94% ingredients of natural origins, and some even have a full 100%!
Their new Rose Otto Ultra Regeneration series is inspired by the renowned anti-ageing properties of Rose Otto, also known as ‘the Queen of Flowers’. The comprehensive skincare range utilises Rose Otto essential oils to brighten and even out skin tone, firm and lift skin elasticity, giving a deep locked-in hydration to your skin.
Rose Otto Multi-Intensive Face Oil Serum
For those of us with sun-damaged skin, or when our skin simply feels parched from dehydration, this face oil serum could be a lifesaver. It consists of five carrier oils: Papaya, Jojoba, Rosehip, Camellia, and Meadowfoam. Olive Squalene in the formula also helps to restore skin balance.
The Multi-Intensive Face Oil Serum is meant to preserve the moisture within your skin, so that it can better remain plump, hydrated and glowing from within. The ingredients of this serum have 100% vegetable origins, and it is made of 100% natural and organic ingredients.
Rose Otto Multi-Intensive Face Oil Serum is available at the Canvas outlet on Takashimaya, Level 3.
Other items in the range:
- Rose Otto Micellar Cleansing Water Gel: alcohol-free and gentle on the skin, ideal for drier skin types. (SGD 59 on Lazada)
- Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask: lightweight gel mask that soothes and moisturises. (SGD 90 on Lazada)
- Rose Otto Overnight Intense Moisture Mask: formulated with PatcH2O™ for intense hydration, and Superox-C™, enriched with Vitamin C. (SGD 108 on Lazada)
- Rose Otto Overnight Eye Contour Mask: PatcH2O™, Superox-C™ and argan oil for reducing visible signs of ageing (SGD 105 on Lazada)
2. The Body Shop Spa of the World Firming Ritual
For the past 30 years, The Body Shop has been dedicated to empowering and enriching trade markets all around the world, especially those from developing countries, as part of their Enrich Not Exploit commitment.
The Spa of the World range has been a staple to the brand for some time now, celebrating Community Trade ingredients from every nook and cranny of the globe. You can enjoy a bath with Egyptian milk, and then exfoliate your body with a scrub made from Brazilian Cupuaçu nuts.
Now, they have expanded the Spa of the World range with a Firming Ritual: a line of three products that would help to firm and tone your body, while incorporating delectable scents to refresh your body, mind, and soul.
The entire range will be available at all The Body Shop outlets from 5 October 2017 onwards.
The Body Shop Thai Makrut Lime Firming Oil
This is a perk-me-up in quite a different away: revive your spirit with the citrusy zing of the Thai makrut lime. This toning and firming oil is infused with marula oil to hydrated and lock in moisture to the skin, and enriched with the stimulating makrut lime.
Thai Makrut Lime Firming Oil retails for SGD 30.90 (170ml).
Other products in the range:
- Ethiopian Green Coffee Cream: enriched with caffeine for a perk-me-up and firming effect. (SGD 55.90)
- French Grape Seed Scrub: contains a generous amount of polyphenols for its antioxidant properts. (SGD 55.90)
3. Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette
When Kat Von D launched the Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, all the beauty world was abuzz with the product and it became a bestseller for the brand. Now, reintroduce yourself to the brilliant imagination of Kat Von D with the revamped Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette.
The palette contains the best shades of the original Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, but now reformulated into four exciting shimmer and glimmer finishes. Whether you want just a subtle sheen, or a full out bling, this palette has everything you could ask for.
Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Eye Contour Palette retails for SGD 73. It is already available on Sephora.sg, and will be available at Sephora stores from October 2017.
Other products in the range:
- Glimmer Effect Eye Brush: synthetic brush with medium density bristles, for pressed or loose glitters. (SGD 42)
- Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette: palette of 6 shades perfect for contouring and highlighting. (SGD 73)
- Edge Crème Contour Brush #5: features a tapered, sculpted edge to precisely apple cream and powder pigment. (SGD 52)
4. L’Occitane Divine Youth Oil
The key ingredient of the L’Occitane Divine series is the enigmatic Immortelle essential oil. The bestselling anti-ageing series from L’Occitane has now been kicked up a notch, and the Immortelle essential oil is now present in even higher concentrations for that more intense boost of anti-ageing action. It’s even said to have twice the antioxidant power of Vitamin E!
The range will be available at all L’Occitane outlets from 5 October 2017 onwards.
The range includes:
L’Occitane Divine Youth Oil
This oldie but goodie now contains 10% more Immortelle essential oil than before, and chocked with 7 botanical oils to plump up the nutrients and radiance of the skin. It will absorb quickly into the skin, and even improve the absorption of other skincare. They’ve also released a new travel-sized 15ml bottle so you don’t have to miss out on the goodness when you’re jetsetting.
L’Occitane Divine Youth Oil retails for SGD 178 (30ml) and SGD 89 (15ml) at all L’Occitane counters.
Other new products in the range:
- L’Occitane Divine Cleansing Balm: a balm that transforms into cleansing oil to provide a deep clean. (SGD 50)
- L’Occitane Divine Cleansing Cream-In-Foam: a buttery cream that morphs into a lightweight foam when in contact with water. (SGD 48)
5. Watsons Naturals range
If you lurk around your nearest drugstore as often as we do, the Naturals range in Watsons should be something exciting to anticipate. Don’t let the fact that it’s a house brand fool you – the Naturals range actually features some good quality products that are also affordable to boot.
It packs double the power of each specific ingredient so that you can enjoy twice its benefits for your body and hair. The ingredients that they feature include:
- Argan: revitalising
- Olive: deep moisturising
- Prestige Rose: softening
- Marula: protecting
- Aloe Vera: soothing
- Paw Paw: repairing
- Blood Orange: brightening
- Rice Bran: brightening
The prices of the Naturals by Watsons products range from SGD 4.90 to SGD 16.90, and are available on Watsons online or at Watsons stores.
6. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited
We live in a time where most of us just apply one lipstick colour at a time. Shu Uemura is looking to revolutionise this convention with the #unlimitedvibes of the Rouge Unlimited collection. There are 33 new shades of creamy lip colours to play with, including some of your favourite reds, burgundys, wines, and pinks.
The collection also includes 4 separate colours known as “mixers”, which either change up your existing lip colour or adds a finishing topcoat over it for a different look. You can get colour mixers in purple or yellow to deepen or brighten up your lip colour respectively, or texture mixers in glitter or pearl to add a finishing touch to your lip look.
Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited will retail at SGD 38 each and will be available at Shu Uemura at ION from 22 September 2017, and islandwide at all Shu Uemura counters from 1 October 2017.
7. Innisfree Anti-aging Jeju Lava Seawater Boosting Ampoule and Effector
Say hello to these two new additions to the Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater range. Innisfree also understands that everyone has widely different skin concerns, so they have separated their products into five different effectors to address different skin concerns: Wrinkle Care, Brightness, Cica (for troubled skin), Firming, Pore Care.
What you have to do first is to pick 2 out of the 5 effectors available. Innisfree has tried and recommend these combinations, but you’re really free to pick whatever you like:
- Brightening + Cica: for blemishes and damaged skin, like sun spots
- Firming + Pore: sagging skin coupled with enlarged pores
- Wrinkle + Firming: premature signs of visible ageing like fine lines and sagging skin
Mix your two chosen effectors with the Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Boosting Ampoule. Apply the mixture after cleansing your face, and your skin will thank you for it.
Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Boosting Ampoule retails for SGD 30 (25ml) and Jeju Lava Seawater Effectors retail for SGD 8 (7ml) at Innisfree stores from 1 October 2017 onwards.
8. Make Up For Ever Artist Face Colors
You don’t have to confine yourself to labels. Make Up For Ever Artist Face Colors are a collection of pigmented powders that can work as highlight, blush, contour, and everything in between. Use these high-quality colours in whatever way your creativity sees fit.
The finely milled powders blend out beautifully while also giving an intense colour payoff. Choose whichever colours speak to you the most, and house them in a palette specially designed to fit these pots.
There are a whopping 32 shades so there are bound to be something to strike your fancy. Take your pick from 5 highlighter shades, 9 sculpting colours, and 18 blush pigments.
Make Up For Ever Artist Face Colors retail for SGD 32 each, and the Mono, Duo, and Trio Case retail for SGD 8 each at the Make Up For Ever Boutique (Downtown Gallery) and Pro Loft (Armenian Street). Selected shades are available at Sephora.
9. Make Up Store base makeup
This Scandivanian makeup brand was originally developed for artists at an European makeup academy but the high quality pigments that it produced soon found its way into the hearts of makeup junkies everywhere.
Whether you like your foundation to be flawlessly full coverage, or naturally barely there, Make Up Store has all the bases covered:
- Smoothing Primer: a silky facial primer in powder form (SGD 69)
- Skin Serum: a liquid facial primer that can also be used as a night serum (SGD 87)
- Instant Perfection: natural, luminous finish with long-lasting wear (SGD 59)
- Sculpt Excellence: creamy texture with flawless, long-lasting coverage (SGD 59)
- Deluxe Wonder Powder: subtle shimmer finish (SGD 69)
- Wonder Powder: porcelain finish with natural glow (SGD 69)
Make Up Store products are available at the five Make Up Store locations in Singapore.
10. Orbis Juicy Eye Colour Duo
For those of us who love compact and travel-friendly makeup: this one is for you. The new Juicy Eye Duo from Orbis is a dual function eye stick that has a liquid gloss eye shadow on one end and a crayon eyeliner on the other.
The glossy eye shadow has a rich colour pay-off, and the hydrating formula also makes sure that your eye area is well moisturised. The eyeliner contains pearlescent particles to add more of a sparkle to your eye. The eye stick comes in three colour combinations.