This October, beauty brands are keeping us on our feet with a slew of dizzying new launches. Not to worry, because we’ve sifted through the lot to come up with a list of the most exciting drops this October.
From a wide range of new fragrances to a skincare product that protects us from WiFi radiation (did you know that was even harmful to our skin?), there’s so much to look forward to for the month ahead.
Infinity Kosé Unlimited Key Serum
This serum may look unusual at first glance with the small capsules inside its clear formula but there is a perfectly good reason for this.
It is filled with nano-sized Releasing Capsules and oil capsules which help reduce signs of ageing by activating your skin’s extreme stress response factors to strengthen your skin cells’ defence and give your skin intense hydration for plump and firm skin.
As you massage the serum onto your face, the capsules mix with the translucent essence. This mixture you create is a lightweight blend of richness from the oils and moisture from the essence that will make your skin firm and supple.
And because you’re only mixing the serum during application, it maintains a high level of freshness at all times.
Infinity Kosé Unlimited Key Serum retails for S$150. It is now available at Kosé counters, BHG, Isetan, OG, Metro, and Tangs Vivocity department stores.
Innisfree Jeju Cherry Blossom Skin-Fit Tone-Up Cream SPF50+ PA++++
Perfect for a foundation-free makeup look, this product will brighten and protect your skin with its Jeju cherry blossom extract.
Featuring Jeju cherry blossom leaf extract and niacinamide, the tone-up cream will add radiance to your skin. Meanwhile, green tea water hydrates your skin to keep it moisturised and plump throughout the day.
It takes on a light pink hue which blends into your skin seamlessly to even out any blemishes or pigmentation you might have. Use this product on days you’re not feeling up for a full makeup routine to get a flawless and smooth foundation-free look.
Lastly, the SPF featured in this will give your skin a layer of protection against harmful UV rays.
Jung Beauty Probiotics Firming & Brightening Eye Serum
Dark circles and puffy eyes are common issues that everyone dread.
If you’re looking for a product that will help you say goodbye to all your under-eye worries, try the new Probiotics Firming & Brightening Eye Serum by Jung Beauty, which is jam-packed with natural ingredients.
Niacinamide hydrates and smooths your skin, while the probiotics, caffeine complex, and superfoods have antioxidants to illuminate the skin under your eyes. You’ll get a rested and radiant look in no time.
On top of this, the formula is lightweight and won’t clog your pores, so you don’t have to worry about milia seeds or bumps forming here.
Jung Beauty Probiotics Firming & Brightening Eye Serum retails for S$75, available at KSisters.
Kiehl’s Retinol Fast Release Wrinkle-Reducing Night Serum
Age is just a number but we know fine lines and wrinkles are issues that still bother us. Kiehl’s has got our back with their new launch that will fight the signs of ageing.
This serum is infused with 0.3% pure retinol to increase your skin cell reproduction, which will help visibly reduce your wrinkles and firm your skin.
Each time you use the serum, you’re activating the formula by releasing pure retinol powder from its capsule into the serum base with a press of a mechanism, so you’ll always enjoy a fresh, effective formula.
Use this serum every night to solve your ageing worries and don’t forget to use sunscreen during the day!
Kiehl’s Retinol Fast Release Wrinkle-Reducing Night Serum retails for S$140, available at Kiehl’s.
Ést.lab LumiGlow TXA Brightening Cream
Did you know that WiFi can actually damage your skin? Ést.lab says that WiFi radiation, like UV rays and blue light, causes oxidative stress to your skin. This can lead to accelerated premature ageing, skin hyperpigmentation, skin dullness, skin discolouration, skin sensitivity, and skin dullness.
Fret not. This new cream is here to protect and brighten your face at the same time. Its formula boasts a blend of tranexamic acid, natural golden oils, and natural plant-based ingredients.
Though it’s lesser known, tranexamic acid is efficient in evening out your skin tone as well as treating hyperpigmentation caused by sun exposure you might have and our dreaded acne breakouts.
This serum is infused with a unique blend of golden oils to give strength to our skin’s barrier and defend it against these invisible factors.
Lastly, natural plant-based ingredients like safflower seed oil and candeia tree oil contain agents that will treat irritated and dry skin.
Ést.lab LumiGlow TXA Brightening Cream retails for S$156, available at Ést.lab.
Ultra Violette Daydream Screen SPF50 Tinted Veil
Daydream Screen SPF50 Tinted Veil combines two of our much-needed products: sunscreen and skin tint! We love to see more inclusive SPF lines and this one is here to join the fray with its 15 shades.
Protect your skin from harmful UV rays with this broad spectrum coverage of SPF50. Plus, you don’t have to worry about it feeling oily or sticky. With pentavitin infused into this product, this ingredient will hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and comfortable.
You can apply this product on its own or layer on concealer after to cover spots.
Ultra Violette Daydream Screen SPF50 Tinted Veil retails for S$58, available at Sephora.
Belif Super Drops – Hyalucid
Hyalucid may sound alien to you but this formula is actually a mixture of two chemicals skincare junkies might be familiar with — hyaluronic acid and ferulic acid.
Belif has coined this for their latest additions to their Super Drops collection. Both hyaluronic acid and ferulic acid are powerful antioxidants that hydrate and protect your skin from oxidative stress.
- Super Drops – Hyalucid Water Treatment (S$57, 150ml): Get soft and plump skin with this water-based toner.
- Super Drops – Hyalucid 11% (S$108, 30ml): This ampoule floods the skin with intense moisture and antioxidants.
What’s more, this new launch is free of compounds known to cause skin irritation and will not clog your pores so you won’t have to worry about new bumps and breakouts!
Freia Aesthetics x Future Cosmetics Brightening Touch Serum
Everyone wants more radiant skin and this Brightening Touch Serum can give you just that.
This new launch contains potent active ingredients such as African star grass, spreading hogweed, and licorice that all have agents to brighten your skin and treat any inflamed areas.
So if you have dull, sensitive, or acne-prone skin, this brightening serum will help you battle all these skin issues.
Freia Aesthetics x Future Cosmetics Brightening Touch Serum retails for S$230, available at Freia247.
Derma-Rx acne specialised solutions
If you struggle with breakouts or oily skin, Derma-Rx is here with a line of products that will help combat these issues.
- Derma-Rx Anti-Blemish Mask (S$65, 60g): This formula removes excess oil, cleanses pores, and clears small bumps (also known as comedones) on your face. There are also anti-irritation ingredients in this product to soothe and calm your skin.
- Derma-Rx Anti-Blemish Spotter (S$69, 30ml): Dry up existing breakouts and control future breakouts and blemishes with this fast-action product. It comes as a clear liquid so you can easily dab it over specific areas. It also contains anti-irritation ingredients to soothe and calm your skin.
Sisley Supremÿa Lotion
Nighttime may be rest for you but not for your skin. While you’re catching up on your beauty sleep, your skin’s natural repair process gets activated.
This new Supremÿa Lotion is designed to kick-start your nighttime regeneration and help target any signs of ageing.
Its formula incorporates a solution of biosaccharides that will give you lasting hydration, while glycerin and Pro-Vitamin B5 replenish and lock in moisture.
The sophora japonica extract infused into this lotion will also undo all the pent-up effects of oxidative stress you have while enhancing the skin’s resistance to ageing by kick-starting tissue regeneration.
Sisley Supremÿa Lotion retails for S$330, available at Sisley.
KOSÉ SEKKISEI Clear Wellness Vitalizing Eye Cream
This new launch by KOSÉ has a revolutionary “melting touch” production method that lets this cream meld with every contour of your skin.
It is formulated with a high concentration of black yeast probiotics, rosa centifolia, and mallow flower extracts, which are all able to brighten your delicate eye area.
You can apply this cream before your makeup to give your panda eyes a brightening effect. And don’t worry, it won’t leave a greasy or sticky residue that feels uncomfortable.
A rich-textured cream like this will hydrate your tired skin and give it a new lease of life, so say goodbye to your fine lines and wrinkles in your eye area as your skin’s natural elasticity, lustre, and luminosity are awakened.
KOSÉ SEKKISEI Clear Wellness Vitalizing Eye Cream will be available at all KOSÉ counters in department stores, Welcia-BHG, and Shopee from 10 October 2022. It will also be available at selected Guardian stores and Lazada from 27 October 2022.
Clarins SOS Lashes Serum Mascara and Lash & Brow Double Fix Mascara
Who doesn’t love sky-high eyelashes that are full and healthy? The SOS Lashes Serum Mascara and Lash & Brow Double Fix Mascara are two new launches that go hand in hand to give you amazing lash results.
- SOS Lashes Serum Mascara: A mascara and lash care in one, this product gives you a subtle look compared to other mascara products and you can use it both during the day or at night. Organic castor beans are the key to stronger, well-defined, and naturally curled lashes, along with the oat sugar extract and mastic extract infused into this formula.
- Lash & Brow Double Fix’ Mascara: Unlike the SOS Lashes Serum Mascara, this one is an invisible gel that can be used over your lashes and brows after mascara or brow pencil or on its own. Organic cranberry oil has rejuvenating antioxidants to strengthen your lashes and brows.
Clarins SOS Lashes Serum Mascara and Lash & Brow Double Fix Mascara will be available at Clarins. Price TBC.
M.A.C Fix+ Stay Over Weightless 16HR Setting Spray
M.A.C’s new launch sports a high-pressure delivery system that provides you with a weightless and watery veil to set your makeup.
This formula is alcohol-free and packed with antioxidants, cucumber and chamomile extracts, green tea leaf, caffeine, Pro B5 and E vitamins, and even a good dose of glycerin which will lock in moisture and brighten your complexion.
M.A.C Fix+ Stay Over Weightless 16HR Setting Spray retails for S$46 (100ml) and S$27 (30ml). It is now available Sephora and will only be available at M.A.C counters from 1 October 2022.
Tom Ford Beauty Eye Color Quad Créme
Make way for a new addition to your eyeshadow collection. This new launch features limited edition shades that allow you to create lustrous and high-impact looks.
The two new quads are:
- #38 VELOURS KAKI: Give yourself a smokey or neutral eye look with the Velours Kaki. This palette houses an earthy peach, sultry cocoa, smoky khaki, and rich pine to make it the perfect colour scheme for an elevated everyday look.
- #39 VIOLET SATINÉ: A rich and stunning colour like Violet Satiné is perfect for a night out. We’re reminded of an extravagant satin with this glimmering pearl, lilac, plum, and mauve quad.
Tom Ford Beauty Eye Color Quad Créme retails for S$141, available at TANGS @ Tangs Plaza.
Chanel Noir Allure
The Noir Allure is a mascara that is more than just a pretty piece for your purse. This new launch has an effective conditioning formula that contains beeswax, carnauba wax, and rice wax.
With one swipe, your lashes will be enhanced, curled, and volumised. Chanel has also infused this formula with Provitamin B5, which helps retain and preserve moisture.
Chanel Noir Allure retails for S$67, available at Chanel.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Brightening Flawless Finish Powder and Beautiful Skin Radiant Concealer
The perfect companions you need for your makeup routine, this finish powder and concealer are too handy tools to look out for.
- Airbrush Brightening Flawless Finish Powder (S$78): This micro powder will help blur and smoothen your face for a filter-like effect instantly. It’s infused with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid to brighten and plump your skin, while rose wax and almond oil infused into the formula give you a silky complexion.
- Beautiful Skin Radiant Concealer (S$55): This concealer not only brightens, conceals, and lifts, but it also reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores. The niacinamide it contains also refines the look of pores and reduces dark spots. Plus, you’ll find soft-focusing silica, emollients, and mica-based pearls that give this formula a thick and silky texture for a natural, buildable coverage.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Brightening Flawless Finish Powder retails for S$78 and Beautiful Skin Radiant Concealer retails for S$55, available at Sephora.
Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop’Lit All-Over Glow Enhancer
Fenty Beauty is blurring the lines between skincare and makeup with their new Eaze Drop’Lit All-Over Glow Enhancer. Use this product on its own as an illuminating skin tint, as a primer base, or even mix it into your foundation for that natural glow we would all like more of.
It uses prismatic pearl technology to help reflect, refract, and radiate the light from your face so you can definitely expect to get a natural yet effective glow from this product.
The prickly pear extract and vitamin E that this enhancer contains will also moisturise and brighten your face with continued use.
Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop’Lit All-Over Glow Enhancer retails for S$52, available at Sephora.
Gucci Blush de Beauté
This blush has been popping off on RED (a.k.a. China’s Instagram) recently for its gorgeous hues. It comes in six shades, from supple pink to brazen berry.
This is also Gucci’s first-ever blush and they are not disappointing us with this formula they have thoughtfully crafted.
It’s lightweight and buildable, so you can blend this on your cheeks for a natural-looking flush. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, black rose oil, emollient waxes, and shea butter, the blush has a smooth texture that blends into the skin effortlessly without looking patchy or chalky.
Gucci Blush de Beauté retails for S$90, available at BHG, Takashimaya Department Store, TANGS @ Tangs Plaza, and Gucci.
Shu Uemura x Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal holiday collection
A gorgeous makeup collection that we can’t take our eyes off, this collection has been highly raved about since its announcement.
You’ll be able to get an array of makeup products from this collection including an eyeshadow palette, eyebrow pencil, makeup box, and more — all sporting gorgeous limited edition Shu Uemura x Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon packaging design!
Get all the out-of-this-world details in our full article for this collection.
Dior Backstage Holiday 2022 collection
Knowing that Dior’s lippies and eyeshadows are absolute fan favourites, we are so excited to share these reiterations with you.
It’s not too early to feel the Christmas vibes with these new shades of khaki, mint, and burgundy.
Here is what you can get in this collection:
- Eye Palette Khaki Neutrals (S$84): Before you get turned off by the stark image of a green eye look you’re probably imagining, we’re here to tell you that Dior has brought us a lovely blend of greens, browns, golds, and neutral shimmers to give us a natural and stunning eye look when we use this palette.
- Eye Palette Burgundy Neutrals (S$84): You can never go wrong with a burgundy palette like this. Featuring reds, rosewoods, mattes, and satin browns, you’ll feel absolutely elegant and ready for the holiday season.
- Lip Glow Minty Rose (S$57): Trust us when we say this Minty Rose shade is not as it seems. Thanks to Dior’s colour-changing formula, this shade will actually give your lips a subtle rosy shade, perfect for any occasion.
- Lip Glow Burgundy (S$57): If you want a sultry lip look, the burgundy Lip Glow will give you just that. It’s known for its subtle and soft shine on the lips.
- Lip Maximizer Burgundy (S$57): One swipe of the Lip Maximizer and your entire look will be elevated to a new level of fancy. Since it is formulated with pumping hyaluronic acid spheres, your lips will look fuller and plumper when using this.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Rose Metals Palette
Featuring 12 eyeshadows, this palette has something for everyone. Neutrals and mattes help you achieve a natural look, while the darker, metallic shades can help you create a more glamorous night-out look.
One swipe of its creamy and highly-pigmented formulas, and you will get the most satisfying buttery payoff.
There’s just so much to explore and try out with this one palette, from pairing the mattes with the metallics for a look with depth or just using a single shade for a casual look.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Rose Metals Palette retails for S$88, available at Sephora.
June Silk Essential Hair Kits
If you’re looking to accessorise or treat your hair with extra care, here are two hair kits to give your hair some love.
- Essential Hair Kit – AM (S$109): If you’re someone who styles your hair often with heat tools or chemical treatments, this kit is for you. It comes with a detangling comb, claw clip, silk scrunchie, and a dual silk and microfibre hair wrap all in one easy set for you to use to heal your hair from the harshness it faces.
- Essential Hair Kit – PM (S$129): Waking up with bedhead, frizz, and tangles can be a big headache for us. The PM kit is here to help us solve these issues with its detangling comb, claw clip, silk scrunchie, and silk pillowcase.
The silk used for the scrunchie, pillowcase, and hair wrap will glide over your hair, providing minimal tangling, damage, and breakage.
Furthermore, silk is not very water absorbent, this makes the hair wrap a great tool during hair masking to ensure intense hydration enters your hair.
The hair claw clip and detangle comb are both made from 100% plant-based cellulose acetate so don’t worry about them breaking after your continuous usage.
The detangle comb can be used to massage your head and promote hair growth. Plus, it doesn’t matter what thickness or length your hair is, the hair claw clip has been designed to hold all hair types.
Lastly, you’ll be getting a Rausch Avocado Trial set when your purchase this hair kit. The trial set comes with a shampoo, conditioner, and hair oil from Rausch Herbal Hair Care, so all your haircare needs will be met in a single purchase.
June Silk Essential Hair Kits retails for S$109 (AM) and S$129 (PM), both are available at June Silk.
Bodycare & fragrances
Lush Halloween 2022 collection
We could all use a little bit of fun when treating our bodies, so why not do it with Lush’s Halloween 2022 collection? This year, Lush is bringing us a wide array of products that includes bath bombs, bubble bars, a shower jelly, and so much more— they all come in cute Halloween-themed forms!
One of the fun products you can get is the Pumpkin Pumpkin Bath Bomb that comes in the form of a (you guessed it) pumpkin! Once you drop this into the tub, you’ll get a lovely pool of orange and yellow, while your body gets treated with bright citrus oils.
Even if you don’t have a bathtub, there’s still something for everyone. The Tarantula Shower Jelly, Toil and Trouble Body Scrub, and the Sparkly Pumpkin Shower Slime are some options you can explore for a fun treat.
Lush Halloween 2022 collection is available at Lush.
Goldfield & Banks Sunset Hour fragrance
This fragrance perfectly encapsulates the image of golden hour with spicy, juicy, and delicious scent.
You’ll catch whiffs of desert peach, pear, and mandarin when you first spritz it on. It then paves the way for jasmine absolute, ginger, pink pepper, and coconut for a spicy, floral bouquet.
After settling, it cosies up to reveal a base of musk, sweet benzoin, vanilla, caramel, and cashmere wood. We’re already picturing a lovely day on the beach, which ends with roasted marshmallows over a bonfire.
Goldfield & Banks Sunset Hour fragrance retails for S$168 (50ml) and S$240 (100ml), both are available at Amaris Paragon 03-10/11 and Amaris VivoCity 01-02.
Dior Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche, and Bois D’ Argent
Dior is relaunching their beloved collection of La Collection Privée Christian Dior fragrances. Now, you get 125ml of perfume in a revamped bottle that lets you admire the fragrances’ beautiful and natural colours.
- Eau Noire: This rich blend consists of lavender that is heightened by myrrh and a gourmand liquorice accord. A mysterious and intense scent we adore.
- Cologne Blanche: Luminous orange blossom is enveloped by an intense powdery violet accord so you’ll smell like royalty.
- Bois D’ Argent: This scent has a dominant heart note draped in a richly powdered iris, enveloped by frankincense note, and set on an amber base. You’ll feel confident and powerful in this one.
Dior Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche, and Bois D’ Argent retail for S$370, all are available at La Collection Privée Christian Dior Boutique ION B2-52 and Dior.
Tom Ford Enigmatic Woods collection
Feel as if you’re walking through a mystique and exotic woods with this new collection by Tom Ford. Each scent in this collection will make you feel luxurious and magnificent.
- Bois Marocain (S$240, 30ml): Spicy and stimulating, this scent is sure to make heads turn. Featuring the dark opulent essence of the ancient Thuya tree, the scent also has the spicy freshness of pink peppercorn and cedarwood.
- Santal Blush (S$240, 30ml): We love a good sandalwood fragrance. This scent creates a hypnotic mood with the addition of spices enhanced with luxe ylang ylang, warm cinnamon, and soft woods.
- Ébéne Fumé: Feel cleansed and purified with the scent of Palo Santo wood and fiery ebony wood.
Tom Ford Enigmatic Woods collection is available at TANGS @ Tangs Plaza.
Maison Francis Kurkdjian 724 Eau de Parfum
Perfect for the city, this scent will make you feel fresh and clean wherever you go.
This musky, floral scent opens with aldehydes and bergamot from Italy, abstract white floral accord and jasmine absolute from Egypt, and sandalwood-white musk accord.
Maison Francis Kurkdjian 724 Eau de Parfum retails for S$653 (200ml), S$335 (70ml), and S$220 (35ml), all are available at Maison Francis Kurkdjian Boutique Ngee Ann City B1-35, Escentials Paragon 03-02/05, ION Orchard 03-27, and TANGS @ Tang Plaza.
Chanel COCO Mademoiselle Body Oil
A body oil like this is sure to elevate your vibe to a whole new level of sexy and seductive. Its composition has the freshness of citrus fruits mixed with a sensual wave of patchouli, creating a refined and modernised woody fragrance.
Furthermore, the new COCO Mademoiselle Body Oil will wrap your skin with its fine and silky texture so you will feel delicately scented and with skin as smooth as satin.
Chanel COCO Mademoiselle Body Oil retails for S$132, available at Chanel.
Aēsop Eidesis Eau de Parfum
This is the latest addition to Aēsop’s fan-favourite Othertopias fragrance collection.
Smell provocative yet comforting with its rousing top notes of sparkling petitgrain, spicy black pepper, and subtle floral accord. You’ll then pick up hints of frankincense, cumin, and cedar, before reaching its base of soft woods, comprised of sandalwood, cedar, and vetiver.
Aēsop Fragrances Eidesis Eau de Parfum retails for S$255, available at Aesop.
Flower by Kenzo L’Absolue
Flower by Kenzo L’Absolue is a gorgeous new spicy floral scent that’s infused with saffron and mandarin essence.
You’ll meet its ultra-floral heart, which combines sustainably sourced Turkish damask rose, Tunisian orange blossom, and Indian tuberose.
To top it all off, these notes are enveloped with vanilla and white musk to make you smell like the perfect bouquet of blossoms.
Flower by Kenzo L’Absolue retails for S$111 (3oml), S$154 (50ml), and S$213 (1ooml), all are available at Metro Paragon, Takashimaya Department Store, BHG Bugis, and Sephora.
The Body Shop Refreshing Passionfruit line and Cool Daisy range
Treat your body to these two collections that will get you to reconnect with nature’s goodness.
- Refreshing Passionfruit line: Enriched with passionfruit seed oil, this range soothes and moisturises your skin with natural goodness.
- Gel-Body Scrub (S$33): With community fair trade organic almond milk from Spain and community fair trade shea butter from Ghana, slather this over your body to let these ingredients soften your dry skin.
- Body Yogurt (S$24): This Body Yogurt is fast-absorbing so you won’t have to worry about feeling uncomfortable.
- Body Mist (S$24): Let your skin feel soothed and quenched with this body mist made with natural ingredients.
- Shower Gel (S$14): This shower gel lathers up and transforms from a light gel to a rich bubbly foam to cleanse and moisturise your skin.
- Cool Daisy range: Smell sweet and clean with this collection that is enriched with daisy extract.
- Body Yogurt (S$24): It softens and nourishes dry skin, and it won’t ever leave your skin feeling sticky.
- Body Mist (S$24): Infused with hyaluronic acid, the mist lightly hydrates and scents your skin.
- Shower Gel (S$14): Cool down and cleanse your skin with this bubbly shower gel, which also hydrates your skin.
Dior Sauvage Elixir
Most of us are no strangers to the iconic men’s fragrance that is Sauvage. Now, it comes in a bigger bottle of 100ml if you are keen to stock up on this scent.
For those of you who are new to this scent, it features grapefruit, heady spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom, a blend of lavender from Nyons, vanilla-tinged coumarin, an ambery accord, a sweet licorice note, haitian vetiver, and a patchouli heart.
Dior Sauvage Elixir retails for S$345 (100ml), available at Dior from 1 October 2022.