In the quest for tighter, smoother skin, many individuals seek non-invasive solutions to tighten their skin, reduce wrinkles, and restore their youthful glow.
In this article, we’ll find out more about Thermage in Singapore, delving into its science, benefits, procedure, and effectiveness to help you make an informed decision.
What is Thermage?
Thermage is a cutting-edge treatment that utilises radiofrequency (RF) technology to stimulate collagen production and tighten loose skin.
Collagen, a protein found in our skin, is responsible for its firmness and elasticity. However, as we age, collagen production decreases, resulting in sagging skin. Thermage effectively reverses this process by delivering targeted radiofrequency energy deep into the skin, triggering collagen regeneration and promoting a more youthful appearance.
Benefits of Thermage
For many people who are resistant to going under the knife, one of the significant advantages of Thermage over traditional surgical procedures is its non-invasive nature.
Unlike facelifts or eyelid surgeries, Thermage requires no incisions, minimising the risk of complications and reducing downtime. With Thermage, you can achieve noticeable skin tightening results without going through an actual surgery.
Moreover, Thermage is a versatile treatment that can address various skin concerns. Whether you’re dealing with sagging skin on your face, neck, or body, Thermage can provide significant improvements. It is also effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, making it an excellent anti-ageing solution.
Thermage CPT vs Thermage FLX
During your research, you might have noticed that there are two versions of Thermage available: Thermage FLX and Thermage CPT. Here are the differences between the two:
- Technology: Both Thermage FLX and Thermage CPT use radiofrequency to stimulate collagen production, but they differ in the advanced technology they use. Thermage FLX is the latest version of Thermage and introduces newer, more advanced radiofrequency technology than the original Thermage CPT.
- Treatment time: One of the key differences between Thermage FLX and Thermage CPT is the treatment time. Thermage FLX has a faster treatment time than Thermage CPT, with sessions averaging around 45-90 minutes. On the other hand, Thermage CPT sessions typically take longer, ranging from 90-120 minutes.
- Comfort level: Another notable difference between Thermage FLX and Thermage CPT is the level of comfort experienced by patients during the treatment. Thermage FLX features a vibrating mechanism and a larger treatment tip, resulting in a more comfortable experience for patients than with Thermage CPT.
- Target areas: The newer Thermage FLX is designed for treatment to a broader range of areas than Thermage CPT. Thermage FLX, therefore, has a bigger treatment tip and is more effective on larger areas like the abdomen, thighs, and arms. Thermage CPT, on the other hand, was originally designed mainly for facial treatment areas.
- Results: Ultimately, Thermage FLX and Thermage CPT provide similar results, but since Thermage FLX uses newer technology, there could be more enhanced results. However, both treatments have shown to provide comparable results in tightening sagging skin, reducing fine lines, and rebuilding collagen production.
What The Thermage Procedure Is Like
Your journey commences with a consultation with a certified Thermage practitioner.
During this session, we highly recommend that you openly discuss your goals, concerns, and expectations. You should also understand about your doctor’s approach to skin tightening and if there are any side effects that you should be concerned about.
Before the procedure, it’s essential to prepare your skin, which may involve cleansing and the application of a topical anesthetic.
Even though this will extend your time at the clinic, this guarantees a comfortable experience during the treatment.
The procedure begins with the application of a cooling gel on the targeted area. This gel acts as a protective barrier, ensuring the safety and comfort of your skin during the treatment.
Next, the Thermage device is used to deliver radiofrequency energy to the skin. You may feel a gentle warming sensation as the energy penetrates the deep layers of your skin, stimulating collagen production. The device also utilises vibration technology to enhance your comfort throughout the procedure.
Depending on the treatment area, a Thermage session typically lasts about 60 to 90 minutes.
And the best part? There is no downtime associated with Thermage. You can resume your daily activities immediately after the treatment, making it a convenient option for individuals with busy lifestyles.
Most people will find the Thermage treatment tolerable with some even considering it a comfortable and relaxing experience.
Post-treatment Care After Thermage
Here are some post-treatment care tips to take note of after receiving Thermage treatment.
- Avoid excessive heat exposure: For a few days after the treatment, it is advisable to avoid activities that generate excessive heat, such as saunas, hot baths, or extensive sun exposure. Your skin may be more sensitive during this time, so it’s best to protect it from extreme heat.
- Moisturise your skin: Keeping your skin hydrated is essential after Thermage treatment. Use a gentle, hydrating moisturiser to replenish moisture and soothe your skin. Look for products that are suitable for your skin type and avoid any harsh or irritating ingredients.
- Protect your skin from the sun: Sun protection is crucial to maintain the results of Thermage and prevent further skin damage. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher daily, even if you’re not spending extended periods in direct sunlight. Reapply sunscreen every few hours, especially if you’re outdoors.
- Be gentle with your skin: Avoid using harsh cleansers or exfoliants for a few days after the treatment. Opt for mild, non-irritating skincare products to cleanse and care for your skin. Avoid aggressive scrubbing or rubbing your skin too vigorously during this time.
- Avoid other cosmetic treatments: It’s essential to avoid other cosmetic treatments, such as chemical peels or laser treatments, for a few weeks after Thermage. This will allow your skin to heal and ensure optimal results from the Thermage treatment.
- Follow your doctor’s advice: Your doctor may provide specific instructions tailored to your needs and skin condition. Follow their advice on skincare products, aftercare routines, and any potential restrictions or precautions.
Remember, each person’s recovery period may vary, so it’s important to consult with your practitioner to understand any specific post-treatment care instructions they recommend. By following these guidelines, you can enhance the effectiveness of the treatment and ensure a smooth recovery process.
Thermage vs Ultherapy
A common question when it comes to non-invasive skin tightening treatments is the difference between Thermage and Ultherapy. Both treatments stimulate collagen production, but there are some key differences between the two.
Thermage is a more established treatment, having been available for over a decade. It is also a more versatile treatment, as it can be used to address multiple skin concerns such as sagging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. The Thermage device is larger and can treat larger areas of the body, such as the abdomen and thighs.
On the other hand, Ultherapy is a newer treatment that utilises ultrasound technology to deliver energy to the skin. Ultherapy focuses on the deeper layers of skin, making it a suitable option for individuals with more severe sagging. Ultherapy is also more precise than Thermage, allowing for more targeted treatment.
At the end of the day, which treatment is right for you will depend on your specific concerns and skin condition. Consult with a qualified medical practitioner to determine the optimal treatment plan for you.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Thermage
Is Thermage painful?
While patients may experience a mild heating sensation during the procedure, Thermage is generally well-tolerated and comfortable. The device’s integrated cooling mechanism ensures your comfort throughout the treatment.
Are there any side effects or downtime with Thermage?
Thermage is a non-invasive treatment with minimal side effects.
Some patients may experience mild redness or swelling, but these effects typically subside within a few hours to a few days.
How many Thermage sessions are required for optimal results?
The number of sessions needed may vary depending on individual factors and treatment goals. However, most individuals achieve noticeable improvements after just one session.
Your doctor will assess your specific needs and recommend the optimal treatment plan during your consultation.
Is Thermage suitable for everyone?
Thermage is generally suitable for all skin types and tones. However, it is essential to consult with a doctor to determine whether Thermage is appropriate for your specific circumstances.
Where to Get Thermage in Singapore
As Thermage is a popular non-invasive skin tightening treatment in Singapore, many clinics offer this treatment. A Thermage treatment in Singapore typically costs between S$2,500 and $6,000, depending on the treatment area and the number of sessions required.
Singapore is known for its excellent medical facilities and highly skilled practitioners, making it an ideal destination for individuals seeking Thermage treatment. Many clinics also offer personalised treatment plans and tailored aftercare instructions to ensure the best possible results.
If you’re looking to do Thermage in Singapore, here are a few clinics that offer the treatment.
Luxe Aesthetic Clinic
Helmed by Dr. Kellyn Shiau, Luxe Aesthetic Clinic serves a discerning clientele from working professionals and stay-at-home mums, to CEOs and socialites.
You’ll be assigned a dedicated doctor who will discuss your concerns with you and take care of your entire treatment.
Luxe Aesthetic Clinic received a 4.8-star rating among more than 50 Google reviews.
Located in the heartlands of Marine Parade, Trinity Aesthetics uses a variety of FDA-approved medical devices to offer aesthetics medicine.
All medical procedures are performed under the guidance of doctors and they have a strict no-hard-selling policy.
They received an outstanding 4.7-star rating on Google from more than 200 reviews.
Lloyds Medical Group
Dedicated to empowering others through aesthetics, Lloyds Medical Group aims to achieve natural-looking results through a less-is-more approach.
Treatments are tailored according to each patient’s needs through a thorough consultation.
Lloyds Medical Group received a 4.8-star rating from more than 50 Google reviews.