Let’s face it. The ozone layer is thinning as the years go by and it is truly getting warmer by the day. For many of us skincare junkies, we know the universal fact that we need to wear sun protection on our faces every day, but we tend to neglect the skin on the rest of our bodies most days.
Unfortunately, our skin is vulnerable to the damage UV rays can wreak, even on days when the sky looks incredibly dark and gloomy. Read on to find out what the sun can do to unprotected skin and discover our simple solution that shields your skin all day, every day.
- UV exposure damages key components of your skin, leading to premature skin ageing
- It forces your skin to go into ‘fight’ mode regularly, to protect itself from further damage
- It wreaks havoc on your DNA, as unprotected UV exposure can cause cellular damage
- Introducing Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement – the oral sunscreen & beauty supplement everyone has been talking about
- 2 women try Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement for 2 months – hear about their experiences!
- Other tried-and-true tips to safeguard your skin against the sun
UV exposure damages key components of your skin, leading to premature skin ageing
Ageing is a natural passage of time, but did you know that UV rays are the main extrinsic causes accounting for more than 80% of skin ageing?
That’s because sun exposure degrades collagen, an essential protein in your skin that’s central to the building blocks of healthy-looking skin (along with hyaluronic acid and elastin).
Its key function is to give skin strength and elasticity to look youthful but with less collagen in the body, your skin will age earlier with premature wrinkles and sagging.
It forces your skin to go into ‘fight’ mode regularly, to protect itself from further damage
UV exposure triggers and accelerates the body’s natural production of melanin, a pigment that absorbs radiation and acts as a natural sun shield for skin cells. This leads to the visible tanning effect and formation of dark spots.
On top of that, melanocytes, the cells that produce melanin, actually sit on the deeper layers of your skin, which means that by the time harmful UV rays reach these cells, they would have already damaged the skin layers above it.
In other words, when your skin tans, it’s actually your body trying to protect itself from further damage.
It wreaks havoc on your DNA, as unprotected UV exposure can cause cellular damage
Besides tanning your skin and weakening your skin barrier, UV exposure can also cause a lot of cellular damage, almost instantly.
DNA damage from sun exposure happens in a matter of seconds, which means that a quick stroll to your car on a hot afternoon might not be as harmless as you think if you do so without sun protection.
How so? Well, unprotected exposure to UV rays generates free radicals in your skin. In the simplest of terms, free radicals are unstable molecules that disrupt healthy cells, causing a chain reaction of cell damage.
In extreme cases, free radicals can alter your cell’s genetic material in a way that leads to cancer – skin cancer, to be exact.
Luckily, protection against the sun is relatively easy. Besides relying on your trusty sunscreen, here’s another way you can supplement your SPF game to keep your skin safe.
Introducing Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement – the oral sunscreen & beauty supplement everyone has been talking about
In addition to your regular sun-protecting steps, Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement serves as an added layer of defence against harmful UV rays.
Each capsule houses only clinically-proven, pharmaceutical-grade ingredients that treat pigmentation issues and boost your body’s natural ability to achieve healthy, glowing skin.
There’s also clinical evidence that shows how effective it is at improving the skin’s resistance against UV damage and hyperpigmentation, so you’ll see a more even skin tone and a brighter complexion overall.
Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement even calms and soothes irritated skin, and it repairs damaged and blemished skin caused by the onslaught of environmental aggressors, such as sun exposure.
Want to know how it’s able to bring about bountiful benefits? Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement is packed with antioxidants and colourless carotenoids, and it’s all thanks to its powerhouse trio of ingredients that’s whisked into a unique formulation supported by years of R&D:
- Non-GMO tomatoes: These brilliant tomatoes with colourless carotenoids help to provide sun protection. Plus, it renews and brightens the skin for a more youthful-looking complexion.
- Olive extract: A superior antioxidant found in olive extract, hydroxytyrosol captures and fends off skin-damaging free radicals, which protects the skin cells from oxidative stress. In fact, it’s 10 times more powerful than vitamin C!
- L-Cysteine: Like olive extract, it works as a scavenger of free radicals and floods the skin with antioxidants to slow down the ageing process.
This is why having your daily dose of Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement is like eating the freshest pick of tomatoes and olives. You can take one capsule daily at any time you desire – whether it’s day or night, before or after food.
To best protect your skin against UV damage, take the supplement one to two hours before heading out for any activity that’s under the sun.
It claims to show visible results in as little as a few weeks! Sounds a little too good to be true? Well, Daily Vanity asked two women to try Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement daily for two months to see what it could do for their complexion.
Read on for their experiences and results!
2 women try Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement for 2 months – hear about their experiences!
Skin type: Combination-dry, mildly sensitive
Skin concerns: Uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation/dark spots/freckles, textured skin, dehydration, blackheads/whiteheads, redness/irritation from inflamed acne
“I’m primarily working from home, but I try to squeeze in a jog between 4 and 6pm before dinner if I wrap up work early. I also have plants by the corridor, so I tend to step out for 5 to 10 mins during my lunch break to water them. Part of my week also consists of a beach outing at Sentosa on weekends because I love baking under the sun.
I reapply sunscreen when I’m at the beach, but I don’t do so when I’m at home as I don’t work by the window. I’ve also tried oral sunscreens in the past. The most recent one I tried did give fairly visible results and didn’t upset my stomach (thank goodness), but the capsules were literally hard to swallow because of the size and also taste. They had a terrible taste that I just couldn’t get used to.
Upon receiving Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement, I loved how sleek and simple the packaging is! And after trying a capsule for the first time, I can safely say that it is definitely much more palatable than the one I tried most recently. The capsules taste like tomatoes so I know I am getting the real stuff.”
“After trying the Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement for 60 days, my skin feels stronger and more resilient now.
My complexion doesn’t flush as easily, and it looks brighter and more radiant than it did before the trial. I’m definitely pleasantly surprised by the results. My skin tone appears more even now, and some of my freckles seem to have reduced too.
The brand nailed the packaging and taste for me, and the capsules all come in a hygienic blister pack of three within the box so I don’t need to dig into a bottle for a pill like I would with other supplements that usually come in a bottle format. Incorporating the capsules into my routine was truly fuss-free and convenient.
I’m also happy that the brand delivered what it promises for my skin, and I absolutely didn’t mind that it takes more than 30 days to do so, so as long as it does so safely and effectively. Extra brownie points for not upsetting my stomach too!
Two thumbs up for Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement!”
Skin type: Dry, sensitive, acne-prone
Skin concerns: Dull skin, uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation/dark spots/freckles, textured skin, visible/enlarged pores, clogged pores, acne scars
“As a realtor, I’m always on the go, so I would be exposed to sunlight for more than 30 minutes a day. I’ll apply sunscreen every morning, and if I remember, I will try to reapply it in the afternoon too. I’m still a little sceptical of the benefits of oral sunscreen as it is still not widely consumed by people.
The packaging of Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement looks sleek, and the capsules taste a little herbal but it doesn’t leave a bad taste in my mouth. It’s easy to consume too, so introducing them into my routine was convenient and hassle-free.”
“In just one week, I saw a reduction in redness. After 60 days, my skin looks brighter and more radiant than it did before the trial. The supplement is easy to consume, even when I’m in a rush.
Since I’m often under the sun, zooming from viewing to viewing, the Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement has helped to prevent the formation of pigmentation. It also lightened the appearance of my freckles. Now, my skin doesn’t look as dull as before too.”
Both women agreed that the Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement was easy to incorporate into their daily routines. Plus, it was able to bring about numerous benefits – from protecting their skin from harmful UV rays and preventing pigmentation to reducing redness and brightening dull skin.
Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement promises better, brighter, more even-toned skin after consuming it over a period of time. Based on these reviews and personal experiences, they seem to be delivering great results too.
If you’re looking for a suitable supplement to bring about healthier skin and sustainable daily sun protection, consider adding this to your beauty routine, especially if you love the outdoors but want your skin to remain radiant and protected!
Overall rating: 4.8/5
Miriqa Professional Skin Nutrition Supplement retails for S$138 (30 capsules, 1 month supply) on Miriqa’s website.
Other tried-and-true tips to safeguard your skin against the sun
- Wear sunscreen with at least SPF30 with a PA++ rating every day, no excuses: The SPF, or Sun Protection Factor, value measures how well a sunscreen will protect against UVB rays, while the PA value stands for UVA defence. Slathering on a sunscreen of at least SPF30 PA++ diligently every day will help your skin in the long run.
- Apply your sunscreen at least 15 minutes before you leave the house: That’s how long it takes for your skin to properly absorb the sunscreen and be protected from UV rays.
- Use a dedicated sun protection product: Instead of relying on the SPF in your base makeup or loose powder, always apply a sunscreen on its own for better protection. Research has shown that the amount required to achieve the stated protection with makeup that comes with SPF is a lot higher than the amount you’d actually put on.
- Reapply your sunscreen every two hours: Opt for sunscreen sprays and powders to reapply your SPF conveniently during the day if you’re wearing makeup. Try to make sure that you use enough product each time to thoroughly cover all exposed skin, including your eye area.
- Layer, layer, layer: The sun is harshest during the day from 10am to 2pm so if you have to be outdoors during this time, use a sunscreen of SPF50 PA+++, try to seek shade as much as possible, and layer on a wide-brimmed hat and clothes that cover as much skin as possible.
This article is brought to you by Miriqa.