Can you believe that the first quarter of 2018 has flown by just like that? We can’t either, but the world of makeup never sleeps.
March has been absolutely crazy with beauty launches, events, and all kinds of exciting new happenings in the realm of makeup and skincare. Here are 11 that we are looking forward to.
- 1. 3INA Just For Fun collection
- 2. Kenzoki Belle de Jour Dream Night Mask
- 3. Marc Jacobs Shameless Youthful-Look 24-H Longwear Foundation SPF25
- 4. Savvy Minerals by Young Living
- 5. IOMA Youth Booster
- 6. Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Range
- 7. Etude House Colorful Drawing
- 8. Aprilskin Calendula Peel Off Pack
- 9. D&G Dolce Garden
- 10. Make Up For Ever Artist Color Shadow
- 11. Sothys nO2ctuelle Night Range
1. 3INA Just For Fun collection
Looking back with rose-tinted nostalgia is one of the best things of being a 90’s kid. Throwback to that era with the Just For Fun collection by 3INA, featuring candy-popping colours straight from the 90’s with a modern twist.
Try: the 3INA The 2-in-1 Eyeliner Pen (SGD19), which comes with a paddle-shaped applicator so you can get a precise line, but don’t have to spend precious minutes trying to fill in your wing.
What else is available:
- 3INA Eye Shadow Palette 105: six fun pastel shades that will create a statement no matter how you wear them, SGD29
- 3INA The Just For Fun Highlighter: a pearlescent liquid highlighter with a pale pink shimmer, SGD26
- 3INA The Longwear Lipstick: available in two juicy new shades, a bright candy pink (shade 521) and a metallic icy purple (shade 522), SGD19 each
3INA Just For Fun collection will be available at 3INA ION Orchard, Junction 8, and Tampines Mall from 29 March onwards.
2. Kenzoki Belle de Jour Dream Night Mask
Whether you’re into fashion or fragrances, you’ve most certainly heard of Kenzo. If you’re a skincare and beauty junkie, Kenzo is soon going to make a splash in your world with the release of their new skincare line, Kenzoki.
The brand has four different lines, each using different key ingredients: White Lotus for hydration and radiance, Ginger Flower for revitalisation, Plum Blossom for brightening, and Rice Steam for nourishing and softening.
Their star product, however, is in a category all by itself.
Try: the Kenzoki Belle de Jour Dream Night Mask (SGD136) uses a rare Sacred Lotus as an ingredient, which is said to work miracles with anti-ageing properties. As you might expect from a renowned perfume house, the product also packs a sensorial experience like no other. Its texture is described as “cloudy jellied fluffy texture” which comes in a shade of irresistible pink.
A travel size of the Dream Night Mask is also available at SGD31 (15ml) for a limited period of time.
Kenzoki is available at selected Sephora stores and Sephora.sg, and will be available at all Sephora stores islandwide from 29 March onwards.
3. Marc Jacobs Shameless Youthful-Look 24-H Longwear Foundation SPF25
Shameless is an attitude that Marc Jacobs isn’t afraid of having. It’s not about being embarrassing, but being “unapologetically you and true to yourself”.
The Shameless Youthful-Look 24-H Longwear Foundation SPF25 comes in 29 shades, and is said to be the first ever base makeup containing sun protection which doesn’t cause a white cast when you take photos with flash on.
It’s also said to be self-setting, which means you don’t need a powder to keep the foundation from going anywhere! The foundation also contains snow mushroom and blue daisy extract for hydration and reduce environmental damage.
Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Youthful-Look 24-H Longwear Foundation SPF25 retails for SGD74 at Sephora stores and Sephora.sg.
4. Savvy Minerals by Young Living
Tired of makeup that’s chock-full of chemicals that might prove too much for your sensitive skin? Savvy Minerals is the new natural, mineral-based makeup line that’s here to solve your problems.
The green beauty range promises to be naturally derived from sustainable, high-quality processes, and also free from all the stuff that’s nasty to your skin, like parabens, dyes, bismuth, and talc.
The brand also claims that unlike regular makeup, which wears off and starts looking cakey the longer you wear it, mineral makeup is the reverse – it only looks better as the day goes by!
Try: the Savvy Minerals Misting Spray (SGD33.55), which not only soothes your skin, but also contains 11 essential oils including Frankincense and Sandalwood. The spray can also help your mineral makeup to pack on more intensely, and hold on for longer.
What else is available:
- Savvy Minerals Blush: available in three shades, SGD61.58 each
- Savvy Minerals Bronzer: available in two shades, SGD61.58 each
- Savvy Minerals Essential Brush Set: comes with the Eyeshadow, Blending, Foundation, Blush, and Veil Brushes, SGD188.02
- Savvy Minerals Eye Shadow: available in eight shades, SGD33.82
- Savvy Minerals Eyeliner: available in one colour, SGD34.87
- Savvy Minerals Foundation Powder: available in nine shades, SGD97.37
- Savvy Minerals Lip Gloss: available in two colours, SGD61.19
- Savvy Minerals Lipstick: available in four colours, SGD50.66
- Savvy Minerals Multi-Tasker: use this for eyeshadow, eyeliner, or eyebrows, available in one colour, SGD46.05
- Savvy Mineral Veil in Diamond Dust: SGD100
Savvy Minerals is available on the Savvy Minerals website, and at the Young Living store at TripleOne Somerset.
5. IOMA Youth Booster
First launched in 2012, the IOMA Youth Booster has now gotten a reformulation which promises to deliver even better results than before. It contains a new intelligent active ingredient that is said to target what your skin needs in real time, no matter how your environment changes as you use it.
The new IOMA Youth Booster also comes with an intuitive cap with a hydration sensor chip on top. All you have to do it turn it on, place the sensor on your cheek for three seconds, remove and wait for the display to begin blinking. The less dots light up, the more hydrated your skin is!
That also means you can measure how much the Youth Booster is hydrating your skin by measuring your hydration before and after application. Don’t worry about the battery life too, it wouldn’t need replacing by the time you finish one bottle.
IOMA Youth Booster will retail at SGD270 at IOMA Isetan Tampines and Robinsons The Heeren.
6. Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Range
Pomegranate has now been crowned as a superfruit with tremendous antioxidant properties. How much better do you think pomegranate grown with clean air, natural fertilisers, and pure water would be for your skin?
That’s exactly what Innisfree is packing into their Jeju Pomegranate range, which only uses fruits grown on Jeju Island under pristine conditions. The new Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Range will seek to halt or reverse skin ageing by quenching free radicals and repairing the skin.
Try: the Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Essence (SGD46), which also accelerates the skin cell turnover rate and stimulates collagen synthesis. Not to mention, it smells heavenly too.
What else is available:
- Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Skin: contains Ellagic Acid to prevent ageing caused by external damage and hyaluronic acid to ensure that skin stays hydrated even after cleansing, SGD30
- Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Lotion: contains Squalene to moisturise and add to its existing antioxidant prowess, SGD30
- Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Eye Serum: features a light, gel-like texture to make skin look fresh and supple, SGD39
- Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Cream: contains Lecithin and Cholesterol to boost hydration, and also Ceramide to repair the skin barrier and prevent moisture loss, SGD41
Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Range is available at all Innisfree outlets from March onwards.
7. Etude House Colorful Drawing
You know spring is truly here when you see such a pastel, watercolour-inspired collection from Etude House popping up.
Try: the Etude House Colorful Drawing Water Color Blusher (SGD16.13). It looks like a tube of paint, but it’s actually a liquid blusher that goes on smoothly and blends seamlessly on the cheek. Apply with the Cream Blusher Brush from the same collection for your perfect masterpiece.
What else is available:
- Etude House Fantastic Color Eyes: 6-pan eyeshadow palettes available in #11 Magneta Drawing (warm-toned colours) and #12 Vermillion Drawing (cool-toned colours), SGD19.90 each
- Etude House My Dear Bloom Lips-Talk: a chiffon-textured lipstick with high intensity pigment and available in 10 new shades, SGD19.90 each
- Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint: contains berry extract and available in two limited edition shades (PK007 and OR206), SGD8.90 each
- Etude House Colorful Drawing Brush: soft bristled brushes that come in three types, Dual Shadow Brush (SGD17.90), Dual Lip Brush (SGD17.90), and the Cream Blusher Brush (SGD15.90)
Etude House Colorful Drawing collection is available at all Etude House stores and on Lazada.
8. Aprilskin Calendula Peel Off Pack
Did you know that calendula is not only nutritious for the skin, but it also can soothe and moisturise skin layers? Mixing exfoliation and hydration at the same time, Aprilskin’s latest launch is the Calendula Peel Off Pack, which packs calendula flower extract, calendula flower oil, lavender flower extract, and chamomile flower extract. Just imagine how relaxing the fragrance of this mask would be!
Apply a thin but even layer to clean, dry skin, while avoiding your eyes and mouth, and leave it on for 30 minutes until it feels dry to the touch. Starting from the outer edges, peel off the mask gently, then rinse off any residue on your skin with water.
Aprilskin Calendula Peel Off Mask will retail for SGD23 at selected Guardian stores from April onwards.
9. D&G Dolce Garden
In Singapore, we don’t really have a distinct spring season, but you can always make believe with the new Dolce Garden fragrance from Dolce & Gabbana.
Don’t let the bottle fool you into thinking the perfume must be heavily floral: the scent is actually a mix of floral and fruity, featuring notes of frangipani, coconut essence, vanilla essence, and magnolia.
Dolce Garden retails for SGD184 (75ml), SGD141 (50ml) and SGD106 (30ml). It will be available at the Dolce & Gabbana roadshow at Paragon atrium from 23 March to 29 March, and will be also be available at all D&G counters from 29 March onwards.
10. Make Up For Ever Artist Color Shadow
Will we ever be ready for a mega collection of 118 powder eyeshadows in five different finishes from Make Up For Ever? The Artist Color Shadow line is the new revamp of their cult classic Artist Shadow range, and boasts excellent wear time up to 12 hours.
Best thing? Customise your own palette, and pick the colours that you will actually use, rather than paying for shades you’ll ignore forever. Choose from five refillable palette sizes! When one shadow runs out, all you have to do is buy a single pan to refill – it’s so much more economical!
Make Up For Ever Artist Color Shadows retail for SGD24 each at all Make Up For Ever standalone stores, Sephora stores, and Sephora.sg.
Make Up For Ever Makeup Palettes retail for SGD4 (XS, S) and SGD8 (M, L, and XL) at all Make Up For Ever standalone stores, Sephora stores, and Sephora.sg.
11. Sothys nO2ctuelle Night Range
How many of us actually get to enjoy the optimum sleeping hours that can give our skin the best chance at healing and regenerating throughout the night? Did you also know that it’s not just about how many hours of sleep you get every night, but also how early you go to bed?
With so little time and so many considerations, it’s no wonder that the modern woman is having trouble balancing her beauty sleep with her bustling everyday life. That’s where the Sothys nO2ctuelle Night Range jumps in to help!
Try: the Sothys nO2ctuelle Detox Resurfacing Overnight Cream (50ml; SGD179) contains Nasturtium Extract which behaves like oxygen and increases the proteins responsible for transporting oxygen within the cells, a Detoxifying Complex that helps to protect the skin from environmental pollutants and detox the cells, 1% stabilised Vitamin C to reduce signs of ageing, and a Hydra-smoothing complex with marine collagen to intensely hydrate the skin.
If that sounds like a whole lot, you are getting a whole lot packed in this overnight cream. It also features a citrusy scent with top notes of orange, mandarin, and lemon, and base notes of cedar wood and musk.
What else is available:
- Sothys nO2ctuelle Chrono-Destressing Sleeping Mask (4ml x 8 sachets): contains stabilised vitamin C, Nasturtium Extract, Chase Tree Extract, Lindera Extract and Red Algae Extract to stimulate cellular activity, synchronise the skin, and reduce congestion, SGD99
- Sothys nO2ctuelle Pillow Mist (15ml; limited edition): contains notes of mandarin, orange, cedar wood, and musk combined with mandarin essential oil to prepare you and your skin for a healing sleep, SGD69
Sothys nO2ctuelle Night Range will be available exclusively at all Sothys Premium Salons and Sothys outlets from 1 April onwards.