Nope, contrary to popular belief, acne is not limited to teenagers. Anything from hormones, stress, and using the wrong skincare products can be the reason behind your breakouts.
Tried numerous acne treatments to fix this, but to no avail? The answer, more often than not, actually lies in your facial wash. Or, to be more specific, opting for a facial wash targeted at clearing out your acne. For example, you should be looking for cleansers that contain acne-fighting ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, which exfoliates dead cells to give you brighter skin.
If you happen to be suffering from acne right now, keep calm and carry on, because the Daily Vanity team has done the homework for you and gathered a few acne facial washes that you should add to your skincare routine:
- 1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Energising Foaming Cleanser
- 2. Some By Mi Bye Bye Blackhead 30 Days Miracle Green Tea Tox Bubble Cleanser
- 3. Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Wash
- 4. SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser
- 5. Paula's Choice Clear Acne Pore Normalizing Cleanser
- 6. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam
- 7. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Purifying Gel
- 8. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay
- 9. CeraVe Foaming Cleanser
- 10. Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Gel Cleanser
- 11. Dermalogica Clearing Face Wash
- 12. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam EX
- 13. Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser
- 14. Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser
- 15. SENKA Perfect Whip Acne Care
- 16. The Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash
- 17. Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser
- 18. Ole Henrikson Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser
- 19. CosRX Low-pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- 20. Bioderma Sebium H20 Micellar Solution
- 21. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- 22. Lush Herbalism Fresh Cleanser
- 23. Pyunkang Yul Acne Facial Cleanser
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Energising Foaming Cleanser
Known as a cult classic among those with acne-prone skin, this acne facial wash from Neutrogena cleanses deep down into your pores. It is effective, gentle, but also doesn’t dry out or irritate skin, making this ideal for even the most sensitive of skin types.
The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Energising Foaming Cleanser is available at all Guardian and Watsons outlets, as well as at leading supermarkets. It is also available on Lazada. It retails for SGD15.80.
2. Some By Mi Bye Bye Blackhead 30 Days Miracle Green Tea Tox Bubble Cleanser
Like a refreshing cup of green tea, Some By Mi’s Green Tea Tox Bubble Cleanser is packed with antioxidants to restore your skin’s radiance. It contains green tea water, tea extracts, as well as salicylic acid to slough away dead skin cells and keep your skin balanced.
Some By Mi Bye Bye Blackhead 30 Days Miracle Green Tea Tox Bubble Cleanser is available at Yesstyle and retails for SGD25.18.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Wash
This acne cleanser may tout its cleansing abilities to be at maximum strength, but it is actually exceedingly gentle on skin. That’s right, this mild solution deeply cleanses but also makes sure your skin doesn’t dry out or get irritated, which is ideal for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
The Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Wash is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD69.
4. SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser
This one isn’t just formulated for acne-prone skin, but is also safe for ageing acne prone skin. What does that mean? Well, it mostly means that the cleanser not only helps reduce blemishes, but also refines the appearance of congested pores gently and safely without irritating the skin.
The SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser is available on Lazada, their latest Tangs counter, as well as authorised dermatologists and aesthetic clinics, such as Frances Beauty Aesthetic Clinic, and Joyce Lim Skin & Laser Clinic. It retails for SGD49.
5. Paula’s Choice Clear Acne Pore Normalizing Cleanser
Unlike other acne cleansers, the Paula’s Choice Clear Acne Pore Normalizing Cleanser won’t cause dryness, irritation, or flaking. This cleansing gel actually has a silky feel that works quickly to remove excess oil and debris that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. It contains 0.5% of salicylic acid to unclog pores and gently exfoliate your skin each time you cleanse.
Paula’s Choice Clear Acne Pore Normalizing Cleanser is available at Paula’s Choice and their official store on Shopee. It retails for SGD29.
6. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam
A paraben-free, mild cleansing foam that immediately helps to prevent and clear acne, the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam is a favourite among those with acne-prone skin. You can even opt for the whole Clinique Clear Skin System range, which is specially formulated to reduce active blemishes by 37% in just three days!
7. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Purifying Gel
All layers of makeup and oil are thoroughly cleansed with this foaming gel from La Roche-Posay, leaving your skin feeling squeaky clean all whilst balancing and restoring your skin’s pH levels to prevent acne from occurring.
8. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay
Utilising a powerful combination of red clay, rosemary leaf oil, and botanical oxidants, this acne facial wash from First Aid Beauty is famous among those who suffer from acne for controlling outbreaks and reducing sebum production effectively.
The First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD40.
9. CeraVe Foaming Cleanser
If you’re looking for something without any actives, this foaming facial cleanser from CeraVe makes a gentle, affordable option. It’s formulated specifically for normal to oily skin.
It also helps remove excess oil, dirt, and makeup while maintaining the skin’s moisture balance with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and ceramides.
CeraVe Foaming Cleanser is available at Amazon.sg and retails for SGD29.
10. Burt’s Bees Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Gel Cleanser
Made of 99.4% natural ingredients, this cleanser from Burt’s Bees is great for all skin types, be it oily, combination, or acne-prone skin. Salicylic acid, evening primrose, and beetroot make a winning combination when it comes to deeply cleansing without drying out or irritating your skin.
The Burt’s Bees Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Gel Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD32.
11. Dermalogica Clearing Face Wash
Bid goodbye to out-of-control breakouts, comedones, and excess surface oils with this baby. The Dermalogica Clearing Face Wash eliminates all of that, with its infusion of soothing botanicals that help to calm blemished skin after.
The Dermalogica Clearing Face is available at all AsterSpring outlets, as well as several other authorised retailers such as Beauty Esthetic, A&Y Beauty Paradise, and Beauty Star. It retails for SGD113.
12. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam EX
This cleanser is formulated with Jeju volcanic clusters, which helps remove oil and cleanse the pores. Apply an appropriate amount onto wet hands and work into rich lather. After massaging, rinse off with lukewarm water.
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam EX is available at all Innisfree outlets and Shopee. It retails for SGD15.90.
13. Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser
This antioxidant-rich jelly cleanser is as satisfying to use as it is effective. The gel formula creates a silky lather on the skin that lifts away impurities and irritants accumulated during the day.
It uses coconut-based surfactants to deeply cleanse the skin without stripping it of essential moisture. Instead, nourishing matcha and hemp seed oil restore essential amino acids and antioxidants to the skin, so your acne-prone skin will feel clean, balanced, and hydrated.
Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser is available at Stylevana and retails for SGD32.99.
14. Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser
A dermatologist-developed cleanser, this high performance product contains an anti-acne treatment as well as anti-ageing properties. It’s also free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, so you don’t have to worry about it irritating your sensitive, blemished skin.
15. SENKA Perfect Whip Acne Care
SENKA’s Perfect Whip cleanser has remained Japan’s number one facial cleanser for years now, and they also came out with a cleanser for acne-prone skin.
The Perfect Whip Acne Care contains Kyoto chamomile extract, an ingredient that’s unheard of in cleansers before this, which is known for its antibacterial and antioxidant benefits. This ingredient is also responsible for helping skin heal faster and preventing further damage to it.
SENKA Perfect Whip Acne Care is available at Watsons and retails for SGD7.90.
16. The Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash
Containing mineral rich seaweed from Roaring Water Bay in Ireland, this cleanser from The Body Shop is slated to cleanse acne-prone and oily skin thoroughly and gently all whilst rebalancing moisture levels.
The Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash is available at all The Body Shop outlets. It retails for SGD20.90.
17. Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser
Winner of the 2018 Glamour Beauty Award, this cleanser from Kate Somerville has a luxuriously whipped texture that goes smoothly and easily on skin, with it containing 3% sulfur to address acne, blemishes, and congested pores.
The Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets and Sephora.sg. It retails for SGD58.
18. Ole Henrikson Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser
With powerful AHAs that are set to help users reduce excess oil and unclog pores, this powerhouse from Ole Henriksen is one cleanser to try if you’re looking for a refreshed, balanced complexion.
Ole Henrikson Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser is available at Sephora.sg. It retails for SGD40.
19. CosRX Low-pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Gel cleansers have long been a favourite of those with oily, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser from CosRX has been at the top of the list for a long time now. It contains salicylic acid, an active ingredient that deeply cleanses, but is still gentle on the skin.
CosRX Low-pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is available at Watsons and retails for SGD14.90.
20. Bioderma Sebium H20 Micellar Solution
Enriched with ultra-purifying active ingredients, this cleanser removes all makeup and impurities gently and effectively. Plus, it also contains sebum controlling properties that make managing acne-prone skin a breeze.
21. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Toning, soothing and softening— that’s what the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser promises to do, giving a radiant, healthy complexion without drying out and irritating skin.
The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets and retails for SGD63 for 150ml.
22. Lush Herbalism Fresh Cleanser
Chock full of natural ingredients— such as nettles, rosemary, and rice bran vinegar— that work great for acne-prone skin, this cleanser from Lush even helps to exfoliate the skin when mixed with water so that dead skin cells don’t accumulate in your pores.
The Lush Herbalism Facial Cleanser is available at all Lush outlets and retails for SGD30 for 100g/SGD70 for 250g.
23. Pyunkang Yul Acne Facial Cleanser
Made for acne-prone, sensitive skin, this hypoallergenic facial cleanser from Pyunkang Yul is infused with white willow bark extract to slough away dead skin cells. There’s also forsythia suspensa fruit extract to decrease inflammation and centella asiatica extract to rejuvenate the skin.
Pyunkang Yul Acne Facial Cleanser is available at Yesstyle and retails for SGD17.58.
You may also like these articles:
- 23 best cleansers for combination skin that keep both your T-zone and U-zone happy
- 5 foolproof tips to conceal pimples without aggravating them. Even makeup noobs can get them right!
- Best acne facials in Singapore that will save your skin during your worst breakouts
- Best extraction facials in Singapore (2019 edition): Treatments that de-congest your pores and prevent acne
- 13 best face mists for acne prone skin that more people should know about