Nope, contrary to popular belief, acne is not limited to teenagers. Anything from hormones, stress, and using the wrong skincare products can be the reason behind your outbreak.
Tried numerous acne treatments to fix this, but to no avail? The answer, more often than not, actually lies in your facial wash. Or, to be more specific, opting for a facial wash targeted at clearing out your acne. For example, you should be looking for cleansers that contain acne-fighting ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, which exfoliates dead cells to give you brighter skin.
If you happen to be suffering from acne right now, keep calm and carry on, because the Daily Vanity team has done the homework for you and gathered a few acne facial washes that you should add to your skincare routine:
- 1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Energising Foaming Cleanser
- 2. Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser With Saw Palmetto & Mint
- 3. Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Wash
- 4. SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser
- 5. Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil
- 6. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam
- 7. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Purifying Gel
- 8. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay
- 9. Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
- 10. Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Gel Cleanser
- 11. Dermalogica Clearing Face Wash
- 12. The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Daily Mask Foam
- 13. Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser
- 14. Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser
- 15. Himalaya Oil Control Lemon Face Wash
- 16. The Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash
- 17. Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser
- 18. Ole Henrikson Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser
- 19. Herbivore Botanicals Bamboo Charcoal Deep Cleanse Detoxifying Soap Bar
- 20. Bioderma Sebium H20 Micellar Solution
- 21. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- 22. Lush Herbalism Fresh Cleanser
- 23. Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser
- 24. Allies Of Skin Fresh Slate Purifying Cleanser + Masque
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Energising Foaming Cleanser
Known as a cult classic among those with acne-prone skin, this acne facial wash from Neutrogena cleanses deep down into your pores. It is effective, gentle, but also doesn’t dry out or irritate skin, making this ideal for even the most sensitive of skin types.
The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Energising Foaming Cleanser is available at all Guardian and Watsons outlets, as well as at leading supermarkets. It is also available on Lazada. It retails for SGD15.80.
2. Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser With Saw Palmetto & Mint
Formulated with acne fighting ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, this cleanser from Origins promises to clear pores, eliminate excess oil, and reduce shine, leaving only tingly and refreshed skin behind. We’re sold!
The Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser with Saw Palmetto & Mint is available at all Origins boutiques as well as its beauty counters at Tangs, Robinsons, Metro, BHG, and Isetan. It retails for SGD41.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Wash
This acne cleanser may tout its cleansing abilities to be at maximum strength, but it is actually exceedingly gentle on skin. That’s right, this mild solution deeply cleanses but also makes sure your skin doesn’t dry out or get irritated, which is ideal for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
The Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Wash is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD69.
4. SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser
This one isn’t just formulated for acne-prone skin, but is also safe for ageing acne prone skin. What does that mean? Well, it mostly means that the cleanser not only helps reduce blemishes, but also refines the appearance of congested pores gently and safely without irritating the skin.
The SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser is available on Lazada, their latest Tangs counter, as well as authorised dermatologists and aesthetic clinics, such as Frances Beauty Aesthetic Clinic, and Joyce Lim Skin & Laser Clinic. It retails for SGD49.
5. Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil
Don’t let the relatively simple packaging fool you— credited as Japan’s best kept secret, this acne cleanser from Kose is suitable for all skin types, can be used on both wet and dry skin, and also helps regulate sebum production. Say what?
6. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam
A paraben-free, mild cleansing foam that immediately helps to prevent and clear acne, the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam is a favourite among those with acne-prone skin. You can even opt for the whole Clinique Clear Skin System range, which is specially formulated to reduce active blemishes by 37% in just three days!
7. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Purifying Gel
All layers of makeup and oil are thoroughly cleansed with this foaming gel from La Roche-Posay, leaving your skin feeling squeaky clean all whilst balancing and restoring your skin’s pH levels to prevent acne from occuring.
8. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay
Utilising a powerful combination of red clay, rosemary leaf oil, and botanical oxidants, this acne facial wash from First Aid Beauty is famous among those who suffer from acne for controlling outbreaks and reducing sebum production effectively.
The First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD40.
9. Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
Known to be a pH-balanced, non-soap formulation, the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is gentle on the skin, suitable for daily use, and significantly reduces sebum levels in just two weeks. In other words: a triple threat to even the peskiest of acne!
10. Burt’s Bees Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Gel Cleanser
Made of 99.4% natural ingredients, this cleanser from Burt’s Bees is great for all skin types, be it oily, combination, or acne prone skin. Salicylic acid, evening primrose, and beetroot makes a winning combination when it comes to deeply cleansing without drying out or irritating your skin.
The Burt’s Bees Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Gel Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD32.
11. Dermalogica Clearing Face Wash
Bid goodbye to out-of-control breakouts, comedones, and excess surface oils with this baby. The Dermalogica Clearing Face Wash eliminates all of that, with its infusion of soothing botanicals that help to calm blemished skin after.
The Dermalogica Clearing Face is available at all AsterSpring outlets, as well as several other authorised retailers such as Beauty Esthetic, A&Y Beauty Paradise, and Beauty Star. It retails for SGD113..
12. The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Daily Mask Foam
This cleanser slash mask is formulated with Jeju volcanic ash, which is an excellent pore-purifying ingredient! You can use it on both dry and wet skin as well. Slather it over on dry skin for it to work like a mask, and use it on wet skin to cleanse your skin.
13. Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser
This cleanser is rich in antioxidants that combats blemish-causing impurities, which, of course, makes it ideal for those with acne-prone skin. It also promises to balance oil production, improve your skin’s elasticity, as well as reduce the appearance of pores.
The Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD42.
14. Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser
A dermatologist-developed cleanser, this high performance product contains an anti-acne treatment as well as anti-ageing properties. It’s also free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, so you don’t have to worry about it irritating your sensitive, blemished skin.
The Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser is available at selected Sephora outlets such as Tampines 1, Great World City, and Bugis +. It is also available at all Robinsons beauty counters and retails for SGD65.
15. Himalaya Oil Control Lemon Face Wash
Suitable for daily use, this cleanser deep cleanses and nourishes, leaving skin feeling healthier cleaner, softer, and refreshed – all without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
16. The Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash
Containing mineral rich seaweed from Roaring Water Bay in Ireland, this cleanser from The Body Shop is slated to cleanse acne-prone and oily skin thoroughly and gently all whilst rebalancing moisture levels.
The Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash is available at all The Body Shop outlets. It retails for SGD20.90.
17. Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser
Winner of the 2018 Glamour Beauty Award, this cleanser from Kate Somerville has a luxuriously whipped texture that goes smoothly and easily on skin, with it containing 3% sulfur to address acne, blemishes, and congested pores.
The Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets. It retails for SGD58.
18. Ole Henrikson Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser
With powerful AHAs that are set to help users reduce excess oil and unclog pores, this powerhouse from Ole Henriksen is one cleanser to try if you’re looking for a refreshed, balanced complexion.
The Ole Henrikson Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser is available on the Sephora US website. It retails for USD26.
19. Herbivore Botanicals Bamboo Charcoal Deep Cleanse Detoxifying Soap Bar
Oily, combination, and acne-prone skin types will delight in this solid bar face soap. The activated Bamboo charcoal deeply cleanses and detoxifies your skin, drawing impurities and toxins away from pores so that they don’t get clogged and cause acne
20. Bioderma Sebium H20 Micellar Solution
Enriched with ultra-purifying active ingredients, this cleanser removes all makeup and impurities gently and effectively. Plus, it also contains sebum controlling properties that make managing acne-prone skin a breeze.
21. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Toning, soothing and softening— that’s what the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser promises to do, giving a radiant, healthy complexion without drying out and irritating skin.
The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is available at all Sephora outlets and retails for SGD63 for 150ml.
22. Lush Herbalism Fresh Cleanser
Chock full of natural ingredients— such as nettles, rosemary, and rice bran vinegar— that work great for acne-prone skin, this cleanser from Lush even helps to exfoliate the skin when mixed with water so that dead skin cells don’t accumulate in your pores.
The Lush Herbalism Facial Cleanser is available at all Lush outlets and retails for SGD30 for 100g/SGD70 for 250g.
23. Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser
Containing the key anti-acne agent, Salicylic acid, this acne facial wash from Mario Badescu treats existing acne while preventing further breakouts from occurring. This one gently exfoliates, too!
The Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser is available at Sephora and retails at SGD32.
24. Allies Of Skin Fresh Slate Purifying Cleanser + Masque
A clay based two-in-one cleanser and mask, this acne-fighting product by Allies Of Skin is supercharged with Salicylic acid and Manuka Honey to draw out those pore-clogging impurities whilst balancing acne-prone skin.
The Allies Of Skin Fresh Slate Purifying Cleanser + Masque is available at all Sephora outlets and retails at SGD59.
You may also like these articles:
- 23 best cleansers for combination skin that keep both your T-zone and U-zone happy
- 5 foolproof tips to conceal pimples without aggravating them. Even makeup noobs can get them right!
- Best acne facials in Singapore that will save your skin during your worst breakouts
- Best extraction facials in Singapore (2019 edition): Treatments that de-congest your pores and prevent acne
- 13 best face mists for acne prone skin that more people should know about