Do you have oily or combination skin? Well, the latest Korean beauty hack, known as jamsu, might be the answer to your sticky situation! (Pun intended.)
What is Jamsu?
Well, the jamsu technique is a beauty hack developed in South Korea, which sets your makeup and keeps it looking fresh all day.
Endorsed by many beauty bloggers, jamsu is known to mattify skin, blur pores, even out complexion, among other benefits.
To see whether jamsu really works, I’ve been tasked by my editor to take the plunge – quite literally. Read on to find out if I think this is just a hype or a real hack.
How to Jamsu
All you will need is:
- A large basin or box that is big enough for your face
- Ice cubes
- Baby Powder of any brand (I used Komodo Smooth Comfort Baby Powder)
- A towel/tissues
- Apply your usual foundation routine (ie. sunblock, primer, makeup base, concealer and foundation)
- Cover your face in baby powder, don’t worry if you look like a ghost, you can wipe off the excess powder later
- Fill the basin with enough water to soak your face and add ice cubes, the more the merrier!
- Take a deep breath and gently submerge your face in the ice bath. Let it soak for 15-30 seconds.
DV Tip: Don’t submerge your face for more than 30 seconds, otherwise, you might end up drying out your skin.
- Pat your face dry and clean off the excess powder with a towel
- Continue with the rest of your makeup routine
Click to the next page to see if it worked for me!